DWB Server upgrade: 5.4 to 5.5
Upgrading server components for Data Workbench 6.1 from 5.4 installation.
Consequently, upgrading from Insight 5.4 to Insight 5.5 is relatively simple.
You can also upgrade directly from Insight 5.3 to Insight 5.5 using the steps below. Make sure you perform all upgrade tasks listed in the Upgrading from Insight 5.4 to 5.5 section and the Upgrading from Insight 5.4 to 5.5 section.
- Stop the Insight Server services on all servers in the cluster except for the Insight Master Server.
- Copy the new ReportServer.exe and Insight.exe files to the Software\Insight folder.
- After the Insight client has updated, copy the InsightServer.exe and InsightServer64.exe files into the \Bin folder.
- Wait for the Insight Master Server to start, then verify the version running via the Connections visualization.
- On the cluster’s Master Server in the Insight client:
- Make a local copy of the existing Base profile and rename it (for example, BaseBackup).
- Copy the new Base profile to the Profiles folder.
- Repeat these two steps for the Transform folder.
- Copy the Scripts folder from the server package onto the Master Server into the Server installation directory.
- Copy the Terrain Images.cfg.off file into the Components folder of the Master Server. To upgrade client software from Insight 5.4 to 5.5
In the Insight.cfg file, make sure that the Update Software setting is set to TRUE.