Adobe Tag Manager 2.0 to Dynamic Tag Management mapping
This topic explains how to migrate from each Tag Manager 2.0 tag to a Dynamic Tag Management tag.
- To convert from the Tag Manager 2.0 Target product code tag to the Target tool, configure Adobe Target .
- To convert from the Tag Manager 2.0 Audience Management product code tag to the Adobe Audience Manager tool, configure Adobe AudienceManager .
To convert any of the following Tag Manager 1.0 product code tags to the Adobe Analytics tool:
- SiteCatalyst > Survey
- SiteCatalyst > Video Tracking
- SiteCatalyst > Genesis Integrations
Use the following migration instructions.
Follow the instructions in Adobe Analytics Settings to add an Adobe Analytics tool in Dynamic Tag Management.
Host code using the Managed by Adobe option. This method leverages the base version of the AppMeasurement code and allows you to choose between the latest available code versions.
With this option, above this line customization can be configured in the available interface fields or pasted into the Customize Page Code editor.
Manually host the s_code / AppMeasurement file in Dynamic Tag Management. This method is recommended when the current code is highly customized or if a legacy code version is used.
- In Adobe Tag Management 2.0, click Edit next to the latest container file.
- Click Preview to view the generated file.
- Locate the sitecatalyst JS file and click See content .
- Copy all of the above this line code.
This is all of the code beginning with the s_account declaration and ending with the first s.setTagContainer command. (Do not include this s.setTagContainer in this situation). Here is an example:
Paste this code into the Custom editor in the Adobe Analytics tool in Dynamic Tag Management.
Then, from the same preview file in ATM, copy the below this line code. This is code begins with:
‘/************* DO NOT ALTER ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE! **************/’
and continues to the bottom of the file. For example:
Paste the code into the same Custom editor in Dynamic Tag Management after the above this line code.
Because mistakes can occur with copy / paste, please be sure to review the implementation in Dynamic Tag Management thoroughly and test extensively in staging before publishing to production to ensure the expected behavior is accomplished.
|2.0 Custom Code Tag||Dynamic Tag Management||Migration Instructions|
If the conditions set in the firing rules are the same between each custom tag, they can be placed into a single rule in Dynamic Tag Management.