You can enable Nielsen tracking using Dynamic Tag Management by creating the Nielsen tool and configuring the page code either automatically or manually. The automatic method is recommended for most users.
You must perform the following tasks before you deploy the Nielsen tool:
1. Embed Dynamic Tag Management on the site (all site webpages).
2. Add the Experience Cloud ID Service tool.
The Experience Cloud Visitor ID Service provides a universal visitor ID across Experience Cloud solutions. The visitor ID service replaces the legacy Analytics visitor ID mechanism, and is required by Analytics for Target ; video heartbeat ; and Experience Cloud integrations, including the Adobe/Nielsen integration. For general information about the service, see the Experience Cloud Visitor ID Service Guide . For information about adding the Experience Cloud ID Service tool in DTM, see Experience Cloud ID Services settings .
3. Add the Adobe Analytics tool.
You can deploy Adobe Analytics (Standard and Premium) using Dynamic Tag Management by creating the Adobe Analytics tool and configuring the page code either automatically or manually. The automatic method is recommended for most users. For more information, see Add Adobe Analytics Tool .
Add the Nielsen tool
- Click <Web Property Name> > Overview > Add a Tool > Nielsen .
- Fill in the fields:
Element DescriptionTool TypeThe type of tool, such as Nielsen .Tool NameA descriptive name for this tool. This name displays on the Overview tab under Installed Tools .Client IDSpecify the Client ID you obtained from Nielsen.Collection ServerSpecify the collection server you obtained from Nielsen (secure-us or secure-au, for example).Integration MethodAutomatic : Use Dynamic Tag Management to manage the integration. After the accounts are connected, Dynamic Tag Management pulls the Adobe Analytics report suite IDs and names into the tool configuration interface, allowing for increased speed in tool deployment with less possibility for user errors.Manual : Manually manage the integration. Adobe strongly suggests that you use the Automatic integration method.
- Click Create Tool to create the tool and display it for editing.
- Fill in the fields:
Element DescriptionApplication IDSpecify the application's ID that you obtained from Nielsen.Application NameSpecify the application's name that you obtained from Nielsen.Collection ServerSpecify the collection server you obtained from Nielsen (secure-us or secure-au, for example). The collection server carries over from the information you specified above.Content GroupSpecify the content group you obtained from Nielsen.VCIDSpecify the VCID you obtained from Nielsen.
- Click Save Changes .
Set up Nielsen rules in Dynamic Tag Management
Dynamic Tag Management is a rule-based system. It looks for user interaction and associated data. When the criteria outlined in your rules are met, the rule triggers the tool, script, or HTML you identified. For general information, see Rules .
When you add the Nielsen tool, Dynamic Tag Management automatically creates a default Nielsen Time Tracking rule.
- Click the Rules tab > Page Load Rules > Nielsen .
- Set up the rules as desired by specifying when this page rule should fire.
The following topics provide in-depth information:
- Click Conditions , then specify where the rule fires (bottom of page, top of page, DOM ready, or onload).
- Specify the criteria for firing the rule.
- Include the path to the pages on which you want the rule to fire (for example, "videos").
- Click Nielsen to see a set of pre-populated data elements.
- Click Data Elements to map where you want Dynamic Tag Management to pull the information in these pre-populated data elements (Asset Name, Player ID, and so forth).For example, Asset Name might be pulled from a DIV to which you need to point.
Approve and publish all changes
You must approve the changes you made in the previous sections before those changes become effective.
- Click the Approvals tab > Approve .