Now available: Adobe Dynamic Media Classic desktop app
Dynamic Media Classic users now have access to a new desktop app experience that no longer relies on Adobe Flash technology in the browser.
This new app is now available for Windows and macOS.
We recommend that you install the new Adobe Dynamic Media Classic desktop app by October 1, 2020. Doing so will ensure you have a smooth transition before Adobe Flash Player is deprecated on December 31, 2020. On that date, you will no longer be able to log on to the browser version of Adobe Dynamic Media Classic user interface, labeled as Dynamic Media Classic in the product.
See the FAQ for the New Dynamic Media Classic sign in experience now available.
System requirements for Adobe Dynamic Media Classic desktop app
Adobe Dynamic Media Classic desktop app is compatible with the following operating systems:
- macOS X 10.10 or newer.
- Windows 7 or newer.
Download and install Adobe Dynamic Media Classic desktop app
- Uninstall any older Dynamic Media Classic desktop app versions on your system.
- Download the latest installer for Adobe Dynamic Media Classic desktop app.
- Do one of the following based on the installer you downloaded.
- For macOS – In the Drag & drop to install dialog box, drag Adobe Dynamic Media Classic and drop it onto Applications .
- In the Applications folder, tap the Adobe Dynamic Media Classic icon.
- In the dialog box, tap Open to open the Adobe Dynamic Media Classic desktop app.
- For Windows – Run the installer binary and follow the on-screen instructions to install the desktop app.
- When you open the application, the new Adobe Dynamic Media Classic Sign In page is displayed:
- Use the same credentials as your browser credentials to sign in to Adobe Dynamic Media Classic.For the Server to use, see the following mapping for the production environment:Browser URLDesktop app server namehttps://s7sps1.scene7.com/NA (North America) productionhttps://s7sps3.scene7.com/EMEA (Europe, Middle East, and Africa) productionhttps://s7sps5.scene7.com/APAC (Asia-Pacific) production
- Post the login UI, you will notice the familiar browser UI experience. You can carry your day to day activity as usual now on the desktop app UI.
Video walk-through on using Dynamic Media Classic Desktop App
Watch a video walk-through on using Dynamic Media Classic Desktop App (Length: 2 minutes 36 seconds).
Known limitations in Dynamic Media Classic
Applies to Windows only – Is there a limitation on the number of files that can be uploaded through the desktop app UI?
Yes, a maximum of 150 files can be uploaded at a time by way of the desktop app UI.
Applies to Windows and macOS – How do I switch between companies?
To switch between companies, do the following:
- In the Dynamic Media Classic app, select the new company from the company drop-down list.
- When the pop-up appears, tap OK to sign out and close the app.
- Restart Dynamic Media Classic, then sign in as usual to work with the new company.
Tips and Tricks
I am unable to see Media Cart panel on the landing page of Dynamic Media Classic.
In Dynamic Media Classic, tap Setup > Personal Setup . In the Browser section, make sure Show MediaPortal Features is selected (checked). Tap Save > Close .
Publish state (green indicator) of an asset is not reflected correctly.
In the browser UI, a re-login to the UI was required to see the correct publish state of assets. In the desktop app, we have introduced a Refresh icon on the toolbar, to the right of the Select None button. Tap the Refresh icon to see the latest status of all the assets on the given page. No re-login required as with the browser UI.
I don't see batch set presets working in the desktop app.
Tap Upload > Job Options > Batch Set Presets . Ensure the relevant Batch Set Preset is enabled. Click Save and Submit upload .