Working with asset folders
File assets in the Dynamic Media Classic are kept in folders. These folders are listed in alphabetical order in the Asset Library Panel. Before you upload files from your computer or network to Dynamic Media Classic, you are asked to name a folder for storing the files. Create these folders before uploading any files.
Be sure to establish a folder structure and organization for storing your files on Dynamic Media Classic before you upload files.
Displaying, moving, hiding, and opening folders
The Asset Library displays files in a folder tree. When you select a folder in the Asset Library, its contents appear in the Browse Panel. Use these techniques to locate folders in the folder tree:
- Displaying subfolders Select the Expand Folder icon to display the subfolders in a folder. This icon is located to the left of folder names.
- Moving a folder You can move a folder by dragging it and dropping it in its new location, or by selecting File >Move Folder.
- Hiding folders Select the Collapse Folder icon to collapse subfolders. This icon is located to the left of folder names.
- Opening a folder Select a folder to display its contents in the Browse Panel.
Tip : You can hide or display the Asset Library by clicking the Expand/Collapse control on its left side. Collapse the Asset Library panel when you need more room to work in the Browse Panel.
Follow these steps to create a folder:
- In the Asset Library, select the folder you want to create a folder in.
- Select the Add Folder button. This icon is located at the top of the folder list.
- Enter a descriptive name for your new folder or subfolder by typing it into the field next to the folder icon.You can also create folders in Dynamic Media Classic when you upload files via FTP. Selecting the Include Subfolders option when you upload via FTP replicates the folder structure on your computer in the system. Files and subfolders on your computer or network are replicated in the Asset Library, and the assets you upload are placed in these folders.
Deleting and renaming folders
Select a folder and use these techniques to delete or rename it:
- Deleting Select the Remove Folder button . Assets in a deleted folder are placed in the Trash folder. You can recover them from there.
- Renaming Double-click the name and enter a new name.
You cannot copy folders or assets because doing so would create duplicate folders and assets on Dynamic Media Classic, and duplicates are not permitted.