Organizing your work with Projects
Projects provide an optional, secondary way for you to organize assets independently of the folders in which they are stored. An asset can be placed in only one folder, but it can be copied into more than one Project folder for organizational purposes.
After you create a Project folder, you can place assets in it. However, assets in a Project are actually pointers to the Asset Library folder in which the assets are actually stored. You can place an asset in more than one Project. For example, an image of a blouse can be placed in both the “Blouses” and “Fall Collection” Project folders.
You can create a Project when you upload files or create Projects in the Asset Library Panel.
Dynamic Media Classic recommends organizing assets with metadata rather than Projects. See Viewing, adding, and exporting metadata .
For you to organize assets in Projects, your administrator must have set you up to use them. If you don’t see a Projects folder section at the bottom of the Assets Library, this method of organizing assets is not available to you. See Application General Settings .
Creating a Project folder
You can create a Project folder starting in the Assets Library or when you upload files to the Scene7 Publishing System:
- In the Asset Library Scroll to the bottom of the Asset Library, to the Projects section, and select the Add Project button . Then enter a name for the project.
- When uploading files In the Upload screen, select the Add to Project menu and choose Create Project. Then enter a name for the project.
The Projects area in the Asset Library is a single level folder list; it doesn’t permit subfolders.
Working with Project folders
Follow these instructions to display, delete, and rename a Project folder:
- Browsing contents Select the name of the folder in the Asset Library. Its assets appear in the Browse Panel.
- Deleting Project folders Select the Project folder and then select the Remove Project button . Deleting assets from a Project folder does not delete them from Scene7 Publishing System; the assets remain in the original folders in which they are stored.
- Renaming Project folders Double-click the name of the folder in the Asset Panel, and then enter a new name.
Adding assets to a Project folder
You can add images to a Project folder starting in the Browse Panel or when you upload files to the Scene7 Publishing System:
- From the Browse Panel Select the assets and drag them to a Project folder. You can also choose File > Add To Project, select a Project folder name in the Select Project dialog box, and select the Submit button.
- When uploading files In the Upload screen, click the Job Options button. In the Upload Job Options dialog box, choose Projects, and select a project name.