The Scene7 Publishing System offers many tools for creating rich-media effects. These tools are available by clicking the rollover Edit button and in the Browse Panel in Detail view. You can do the following image-editing tasks in Dynamic Media Classic:
- Create Image Maps Select the Image command or Image Map button to create an Image Map. An Image Map is a hotspot on an image, or an eCatalog page, or an image in a SpinSet, that displays a panel with rollover text. Users can click an Image Map, for example, to launch a new web page. See Creating Image Maps.
- Create Zoom targets Select the Zoom Targets command or the Zoom Targets button to create thumbnail targets. Users can click a thumbnail target in the Zoom Viewer to zoom directly to a particular part of an image. See Creating zoom targets for Guided Zoom.
- Crop an image Select the Crop command or the Crop button to crop an image. See Cropping an image.
- Sharpen an image Select the Sharpen command or the Sharpen button to sharpen an image and make its outlines less blurry and more distinct. See Sharpening an image.
- Adjust an image Select the Adjust command or the Adjust button to flip, rotate, blur, colorize, or alter the color balance of an image. See Adjusting an image.
- Edit layers Click the Layers tab to display individual, editable layers in a PSD file. When you upload a PSD file, all layers are uploaded individually as separate files so that you can edit them within Dynamic Media Classic.
As well as using these tools to edit images, you can edit images as you upload them to the Scene7 Publishing System. For example, you can crop images, create a mask from a clipping path, and select a color profile for an image as you upload it.