Creating zoom targets for Guided Zoom
Zoom targets guide your viewers to certain parts of an image. As well as free-form zooming, viewers can click a zoom target thumbnail and zoom to the part of the image you want them to focus on. Zoom targets are an opportunity for you to highlight the attractive or interesting parts of an image.
About zoom targets
The maximum zoom percentage of zoom targets is 100 percent. The minimum zoom percentage varies based on a combination of the viewer size and the image size, as shown in this table:
You can change the size of the Zoom Viewer to match the size being used on your web page. To permanently change this setting, you can change the viewer size on the Setup screen (if you are an administrator). See Setting up Zoom Viewer Presets .
Creating and editing zoom targets
Create and edit zoom targets on the Zoom Target Editor screen. To open this screen, select an image and do one of the following:
- Click the rollover Edit button and choose Zoom Targets.
- In the Browse Panel, display the image in Detail View , then click Zoom Targets .
On the Zoom Target Editor screen, click Select Target button (arrow) to select a target before changing its size or position. Click Add Targets (rectangle) to create a zoom target on the image. The Zoom Target Editor screen also offers tools for deleting, copying, and naming zoom targets.
Creating a zoom target
Open the Zoom Target Editor screen and follow these steps to create a zoom target:
- Click Add Targets (rectangle), move the pointer over the image, and click where you want to the zoom target to be.A thumbnail image of the zoom target appears in the panel on the right side of the screen.
- Click Select Target (arrow), click to select the zoom target you created, and adjust the size and position of the target.
- Resizing Move the pointer over a corner of the zoom target and drag to enlarge or shrink the target.
- Positioning Move the pointer over the zoom target and drag it to a different location.
- Enter a name for the zoom target in the Name box.What you enter in the Name box is more than a name. When users move the pointer over the zoom target, they see what you enter in the Name box. Enter a brief description of the zoom target in the Name box so users know what they can zoom on.
- Optionally, enter user data in the User Data field. This field is for web site designers to add information to the zoom target.
- Click Save .The coordinates and zoom level of the zoom target are saved. A thumbnail of your zoom target with the name you entered appears on the right side of the screen.
To see what your zoom targets look like in a Zoom Viewer, click the Preview button in the Zoom Target Editor screen and choose a Zoom Viewer in the Preview screen. For information about this screen, see Previewing images with different Zoom Viewers .
Editing zoom targets
Use these techniques on the Zoom Target Editor screen to edit zoom targets:
- Repositioning With the Select Target button (the arrow), click the target to select it. Then drag the target to a different location.
- Resizing With the Select Target button (the arrow), click the target to select it. Then move the pointer over a corner of the zoom target and drag to enlarge or shrink the target.
- Deleting Click the target’s thumbnail image on the right side of the screen. Then click Delete Target .
- Renaming Click the target’s thumbnail image on the right side of the screen. Then enter a name in the Name text field and click Save .
Copying zoom targets
You can copy zoom targets from one image to another. Copy targets when two images present similar content and their zoom targets belong in the same locations. Follow these steps to copy zoom targets to another image:
- Open the image with zoom targets you want to copy in the Zoom Target Editor screen.
- Click Copy Targets To .
- In the Select Images dialog box, select an image and click Select .