Editing a Vignette in Photoshop
If Photoshop is installed on the same computer as Image Authoring, you can open the current image in Photoshop with a single click, even if Photoshop is not open at the time.
View image only
Current mask object only
Grayscale image representing the current illumination map.
Any defined masks for the currently selected objects are displayed as separate channels.
To Edit the Current Image in Photoshop:
- Go to the desired location in Image Authoring.The Edit Image in Photoshop button is available on the Object, Mask, and Illumination pages only.
- Select the item to edit.On the Object page, the main view is always the item that opens in Photoshop, regardless of what is selected.On the Illumination page, select the illumination map to edit (if you use multiple illumination maps). The mask for the currently selected object also opens in Photoshop. Only that portion of the image is updated in Image Authoring when you close the image in Photoshop. If you want to edit a larger area, select the entire view.On the Mask page, select the masked object to edit.
Protect Other Masks is ignored by Photoshop, even if it is checked in Image Authoring.
- Click the Edit Image in Photoshop button .
- Make any changes. You can undo individual changes in Photoshop, as you would normally. When you return to Image Authoring, you can reverse all your Photoshop edits at once by choosing Undo , but you cannot reverse individual changes.
- In Photoshop, from the File menu, close the image in Photoshop and return to Image Authoring.