Importing an Illumination Map
When you create a vignette, an Illumination Map is generated automatically.
You can also create and import an Illumination Map using a third-party graphics tool such as [Photoshop] , then import it into Image Authoring. You may prefer this approach if you wish to take advantage of tools that are not available in Image Authoring (for example, the Levels tool in Photoshop).
If you create illumination in Photoshop using the Curves tool, you can export that information to an .amp file and load it into Image Authoring using the [Histogram] tool .
To Import an Illumination Map You Created in Photoshop:
- Go to the Object page by clicking the Object Page button .
- In the [Object Explorer] , double-click the view object in the hierarchy.
- Click the Illumination tab, click the Action button next to Map A, then choose Load from File .
- Select the image you want to use and click Open . You may have to navigate to another folder to locate the file.
- To view the file you opened, click the Action button and choose Show Image .
- When you are finished, click OK .