The Texture Eraser Tool
The Texture Eraser tool can help you remove patterns from an image, while maintaining the light/dark definition necessary for accurate rendering.
You can choose whether to blur the lines that are parallel or perpendicular to your brush stroke by holding down or releasing the Ctrl key on your keyboard.
For example, an image of a sofa may display a striped pattern. By brushing in the direction of seam lines while you hold down the Ctrl key, you can erase the stripes and maintain the seams.
To Use the Texture Eraser Tool to Erase a Pattern:
- Select an object or group in the [Select Object] box .
- In the side menu, click the Texture Eraser tool .
- In the image, drag the brush over the area you want to blur. You can set the following options for the Texture Eraserool:
- Blur Effect: The higher the percentage, the more pronounced the effect.
- Filter Size: Changes the nature of the brush stroke, but the differences are subtle.
- Directionality: Set this slider to a high setting to remove patterns most dramatically. When set to a low setting, the tool works much like the Blur Brush .