Map tab for objects
This tab lets you view information about the flowline data.
Size: The overall size of the texture space in inches. This value is the same as [Size on the Texture] tab , and the [Overall Size] value in the Texture tool options. Set this value when importing a UV Map (see below).
Resolution: The resolution of the texture space (in pixels per inch). This value is normally calculated automatically, but may be specified when importing a UV Map (see below). This value is the same as [Optimal Resolution] on the [Texture] tab .
Lock Width, Height Resolution Ratios: When this box is checked, any changes you make to object size or resolution preserve the aspect ratio of the object.
Action: Click this button to see the following choices:
- Generate Map Image from Map Data: Choose this option if the map data is valid, but the map image is not, and if you need to preview the map properties.
- Export Flowlines: Lets you save the Flowline data in a format that can be re-imported into Image Authoring for use in another image.
- Load Map Image from File: You can import a UV map you created with 3D Studio MAX. The imported file must be in .RLA format. This feature is for advanced users only. See below.
- Copy Map Data from Another Object: Lets you use the same imported UV map image for multiple objects.
- Import Flowlines (Fit to Mask): Lets you import Flowline data you previously exported from a vignette and scales it to fit the mask.
- Import Flowlines (Align with View): Lets you import Flowline data you previously exported from a vignette, keeping it at its original size.
- Propagate Resolution To: Lets you apply the resolution setting for this object to any parent objects or groups. The submenu lists the objects you can specify.
To Import a UV Map for this Object:
- Select the object whose flowline map you want to replace.
- Right-click the object in the [Object Explorer] and choose Properties .
- Click the Map tab.
- Click Action .
- Click Load map image from file .
- Navigate to the .RLA file you want to import as your flowline map. Select the file and click OK .
- Click OK in the Properties dialog box.