Creating the Reflection Map
You create a Reflection Map to add reflection information to the image, much the way you create an Illumination Map to add shadow and highlight information.
A Reflection Map is necessary only if you are creating a three-dimensional vignette . Generate the Reflection Map after you've completed all the vignette steps except rendering. If you render your image after creating a Reflection Map, the rendering shows you the reflections.
To Create a Reflection Map:
- Click the Reflection Page button .
- On the Reflection page, click the Reflection Map tool .
- In the side menu, click Generate Reflection Map for Full Image .A progress bar displays while the Reflection Map is updating. You can click Cancel (in the lower left-hand corner of the window) to stop the process.
- Check the results of your work by choosing the Reflection option for Image.Look at the floors and countertops to see if reflections are aligned well and that the proper objects are reflected.
- Click the Alpha , then click the Correct Alpha button.
- Check the results of your work by choosing the Alpha option for Display.The Alpha Map shows bright and dark areas of the Reflection Map. You can adjust the [Alpha Map] , if you like.
- Render materials to see the final results.You may need to adjust the 3D geometry or the Reflection Mapto get the final results you want.