Changing a Decal's Properties
You can change information about the decal.
If you have created a gloss map file, you can apply gloss to the alpha channel specified in that map file, independent of the rest of the decal image. You can also apply a gloss to the entire decal.
** To Change the Properties for a Decal:**
- Right-click the object to which you applied the decal and choose Decal > Properties .
- In the Decal Material Properties dialog box, click the General tab to change information about the fabric.Name/ID: This is the filename for the decal image without the file extension.Colorize: Check this box to add a color to the alpha channel of the image. Click the color box to choose a color .Preferred Illum Map: Specify the [Illumination Map] to use for determining the gloss of this image.** Gloss :** Specify the percentage of shininess for this image. This setting, combined with the [Illumination Map] you specify, determines the gloss.Roughness: For vignettes that use reflection, you can set this material's roughness.** Material:** Choose a material from the list.Sharpen: Choose the type of sharpening to apply.Opacity: Indicate to what degree the decal should obscure the texture beneath it.
- Click the Image tab to change the file used for the decal, and to adjust its resolution, anchor point, thickness, base color, or opacity.File/URL: Specify the full path to the image file for this decal.Resolution: Specify the image resolution in pixels per inch.** Anchor Point:** Specify where this decal attaches to the object beneath it. To anchor it at its center, click Center .Thickness: Generally, decals have no thickness, but you can indicate a thickness if appropriate.Base Color: Click the color box to choose a color . To return to the original color, click .Opacity : Indicate to what degree the base color should obscure the texture beneath it.Gloss Map File: If you have created a file that specifies an alpha channel for independent areas to receive gloss (for example, for a metallic thread or satin section of a decal), specify that file here. Gloss settings are applied to the alpha channel of the decal image only.
- To see information about the current decal file, click the File Info tab.
- Click the Apply tab to change the angle or position of the decal. This is the same as using the [Decal] tool .
- Click the Render tab to change [Sharpen] and [Illumination] settings for the decal.