Changing Window Covering Material Properties
You can change information about the window covering you apply.
** To Change the Properties for a Window Covering:**
- Right-click the object to which you applied the window covering and choose Material Properties .
- In the Window Coverings Material Properties dialog box, click the General tab to change information about the window covering.Name/ID: This is the name that appears in [Material History] , [Favorite Materials] , and [Saved Materials] .Colorize: Check this box to add a color to the applied texture. Click the color box to choose a color .Preferred Illum Map: This setting does not affect window coverings.** Gloss :** Specify the percentage of shininess for this image. Window coverings have a single Illumination Map, and are not affected by the active [Illumination Maps] or gloss settings in the [View Properties] dialog box .** Roughness:** For vignettes that use reflection, you can set this material's roughness.Material: Choose a material from the list.Opacity: Indicate to what degree the window covering should obscure the objects beneath it.
- Click the Style File tab to change the file used for the window covering.File/URL: Specify the full path to the .vnw file for this window covering.Resolution: Displays the image resolution in pixels per inch. This setting is determined by the .vnw file, you cannot change it here.Type: Displays the type of window covering this is (short drape, blinds, and so forth). This setting is determined by the .vnw file, you cannot change it here.
- Click the Texture tab to change the texture file used for the window covering, and to adjust its resolution, anchor point, repeat type, base color, or gloss.File/URL: Specify the full path to the image file for this texture.Resolution: Specify the image resolution in pixels per inch.Anchor Point: Specify where this texture attaches to the window covering. To anchor it at its center, click Center .Repeat type: Choose a repeat type for this texture.** Base Color:** Click the color box to choose a color .Apply to: Specify the origin for this texture.Gloss Map File: If you have created a file that specifies an alpha channel for independent areas to receive gloss (for example, for a metallic thread or satin section of a decal), specify that file here. Gloss settings are applied to the alpha channel of the window covering texture only.
- To see information about the current window covering file, click the File Info tab.
- To apply sharpening or resampling, click the Sharpen tab.
- Click the Render tab to change [Sharpen] and [Illumination] settings for the window covering.