Questions About the Mask Page
How do I edit a masked area?
To Edit a Masked Area:
- Click either Add or Subtract from the side menu toolbar.
- Drag the vertexes (the little blue squares along the mask edge) to reshape the mask. To move a vertex one pixel at a time, use the arrow keys.
- Roll your mouse over the vertex until you see this icon .
- Grab and pull the vertex into place.
- While tracing your mask, you can add a vertex between two others.
- Roll your mouse over the line between the two vertexes until you see this icon .
- Click and pull the vertex into place.
- Should you accidentally mask an area outside your masking area, select Subtract and mask the area to remove.
- Click Apply when the mask is the way you want it.
My shading disappears while I am masking an object. What's wrong?
- Check to be sure the Add option is selected.
- Go to the Object page and make sure that what you are trying to mask is an object and not a group.
I am tracing a masked area and my outline keeps crossing over and is not following my outline. What am I doing wrong?
While you are tracing, stay aware of the active vertex, which is red. Your next click connects with the active vertex, so, if you cross from one side of the masked area to another, the mask follows you. If you move back and forth, you cross over your mask outline. Try to trace by following the outline more consistently, not crossing from one side to the other.