Installing for the first time
Use these steps to install Image Serving for the first time on Windows.
- Log into your server host with administrative privileges.
- If you have already received a license, copy it to your server, then run the license installation by double-clicking on the file.If you do not yet have a license, you may proceed with the installation and install the license later.
- Extract the contents of the Image Serving distribution zip file.
- Run setup/ setup.exe to launch the installation wizard.
- Click "Next" to advance to the End User License Agreement (EULA), read the license agreement, and click Yes .The Authentication dialog box displays next.
- If a license is already installed, and the license information appears in the Authentication dialog box, click Next to continue.If you do not have a license, click Request License . The next dialog box shows one of your machine's Network Interface Card MAC addresses. Email this MAC address, your company name, and the product you are installing as directed by the prompt.Important: The license is based on the MAC address of one of the Network Interface Cards installed on this host. If you disable, remove, or replace this card, the license will no longer be recognized as valid. Be sure to obtain a license for the hardware configuration that you will use for IS.You may continue to install IS without a valid license and install the license later. To proceed, click Back to return to the Authentication dialog box, and then click Next .
- Proceed to the "Platform Server Admin Settings" page. Enter new values as needed or accept the defaults.You can configure the following items:
Platform Server HTTP Connection Port
Main HTTP listening port for Image Serving and Image Rendering
Admin Listening Port
Admin Listening Port
Platform Server Cache Size in MB
Initial size of the main response cache
Platform Server Cache Location
PS cache folder
Port numbers specified must be unique and not used by other applications or services.
The next screen provides an opportunity to review the selected settings.
- Click Back to make changes, or click Next to start the installation.
- Click Finish to exit the installation wizard.