Updating from IS 4.7.4 or later
Use this procedure when upgrading Scene7 Image Serving.
If you are upgrading from an older version of Image Serving, please contact support for the correct process.
The webapps folder may be deleted on upgrade. Back up the webapps folder before upgrade.
- Log into your server host with administrative privileges.
- Extract the contents of the Image Serving distribution zip file.
- Run setup/setup.exe to launch the installation wizard.
- Click Next to advance to the End User License Agreement (EULA), read the license agreement, and click Yes .The next page displays the previous configuration settings.
- Click Next to start the update installation.The installer backs up the old server configuration files to the BACKUP/ folder.
- Once the installation is complete, click "Finish" to exit the installation wizard.In some cases the installation wizard may ask to reboot the system.
During an update, the ImageServing/conf/server.xml file is updated to the latest settings. If you have changed or added any values you should save your existing server.xml and reimplement your changes after the upgrade.After an update install, consider warming up the HTTP response cache prior to taking the server live. Refer to the description of the playlog utility for details.