Shopping Cart Content Overview
The shopping cart provides:
- an overview of items selected
- links to the product pages for the selected items
- the capability to:
- update the number/quantity of the individual items
- remove individual items
The shopping cart is saved according to the engine being used:
- AEM generic stores the cart in a cookie.
- Certain eCommerce engines can store the cart in a session.
In either case, items stay in the cart (and can be restored) across log-in/log-out (but only on the same machine/browser). For example:
- browse as anonymous and add products to the cart
- sign in as Allison Parker - her cart is empty
- add products to her cart
- sign out - the cart will show the products for anonymous
- sign in again as Allison Parker - her products are restored
An anonymous cart can only be restored on the same machine/browser.
It is not recommended to test restoring the cart contents with the admin account, as this can conflict with the admin account of the eCommerce engine (e.g. hybris).
hybris can be configured to remove pending carts after a defined period of time.
Prior to the checkout, price changes are reflected (in both systems) as they occur.