Integrating with ExactTarget
Integrating AEM with Exact Target lets you manage and send email created in AEM via Exact Target. It also allows you to use the lead management features of Exact Target via AEM forms on AEM pages.
The integration provides you with the following features:
- The ability to create Emails in AEM and publish them to Exact Target for distribution.
- The ability to set action of a AEM form to create an Exact Target subscriber.
After ExactTarget is configured, you can publish newsletters or emails to ExactTarget. See Publishing Newsletters to an Email Service .
Creating an ExactTarget Configuration
ExactTarget configurations can be added via Cloudservices or Tools. Both methods are described in this section.
Configuring ExactTarget via Cloudservices
To create an ExactTarget configuration in Cloud Services:
- On the welcome page, click Cloud Services . (Or directly access at https://<hostname>:<port>/etc/cloudservices.html .)
- Click ExactTarget and then Configure . The ExactTarget configuration window opens.
- Enter a title and optionally, a name and click Create . The** ExactTarget Settings** configuration window opens.
- Enter the username, password and select an API endpoint (for example, https://webservice.exacttarget.com/Service.asmx ).
- Click Connect to ExactTarget. When you have successfully connected you see a success dialog. Click OK to exit the window.
- Select an account, if available. The account is for Enterprise 2.0 customers. Click OK .ExactTarget has been configured. You can edit the configuration by clicking Edit . You can go to ExactTarget by clicking Go to ExactTarget .
- AEM now provides a Data Extension feature. You can import ExactTarget data extension columns. This can be configured by clicking "+" sign appearing besides successfully created ExactTarget configuration. Any of the existing data extension can be selected from the drop-down list. For more information on how to configure data extensions, refer ExactTarget documentation .Imported data extension columns can later be used through the Text and Personalization component.
Configuring ExactTarget via Tools
To create an ExactTarget configuration in Tools:
- On the welcome page, click Tools . Or navigate there directly by going to https://<hostname>:<port>/misadmin#/etc .
- Select Tools , then Cloud Services Configurations, then ExactTarget .
- Click New to open the **Create Page **window.
- Enter the Title and optionally the Name , and click Create .
- Enter the configuration information as outlined in step 4 in the previous procedure. Follow that procedure to finish configuring ExactTarget.
Adding multiple configurations
To add multiple configurations:
- On the welcome page, click Cloud Services and click ExactTarget . Click on Show Configurations button which appears if one or more ExactTarget configurations is available. All available configurations are listed.
- Click the + sign next to Available configurations. This opens the Create Configurations window. Follow the previous configuration procedure to create a new configuration.