Prerequisites for Integrating with Adobe Target
As part of the integration of AEM and Adobe Target , you need to register with Adobe Target, configure the replication agent, and secure activity settings on the publish node.
Registering with Adobe Target
To integrate AEM with Adobe Target, you must have a valid Adobe Target account. This account must have **approver **level permissions at a minimum. When you register with Adobe Target, you receive a client code. You need the client code and your Adobe Target login name and password to connect AEM to Adobe Target.
The Client Code identifies the Adobe Target customer account when calling the Adobe Target server.
Your account must also be enabled by the Target team in order to use the integration.
If it's not the case, please contact Adobe Target Customer Care .
Enabling the Target Replication Agent
The Test and Target replication agent must be enabled on the author instance. Note that this replication agent is not enabled by default if you used the nosamplecontent run mode for installing AEM. For more information about securing your production environment, see the Security Checklist .
- On the AEM home page, click or tap Tools > Deployment > Replication .
- Click or tap Agents On Author .
- Click or tap the Test and Target (test and target) replication agent, and then click or tap Edit .
- Select the Enabled option, then click or tap OK .When you configure the Test and Target replication agent, in the Transport tab, the URI is set by default to tnt:/// . Do not replace this URI with https://admin.testandtarget.omniture.com .Please note that if you try to test the connection with tnt:/// , it will throw an error. This is expected behavior as this URI is for internal use only and should not be used with Test Connection .
Securing the Activity Settings Node
You must secure the activity settings node cq:ActivitySettings on the publish instance so that it is inaccessible to normal users. The activity settings node should only be accessible to the service handling the activity synchronization to Adobe Target.
The cq:ActivitySettings node is available in CRXDE lite under /content/campaigns/*nameofbrand* * under the activities jcr:content node; *for example /content/campaign/we-retail/master/myactivity/jcr:content/cq:ActivitySettings . This node is only created after you target a component.
The cq:ActivitySettings node under the activity's jcr:content is protected by the following ACLs:
- Deny all for everyone
- Allow jcr:read,rep:write for "target-activity-authors" (author is a member of this group out of the box)
- Allow jcr:read,rep:write for "targetservice"
These settings ensure that normal users do not have access to the node properties. Use the same ACLs on author and on publish. See User Administration and Security for more information.
Configuring the AEM externalizer
When editing an activity in Adobe Target, the URL points to localhost unless you change the URL on the AEM author node.
To configure the AEM externalizer:
- Navigate to the OSGi web console at https://<server>:<port>/system/console/configMgr.
- Find Day CQ Link Externalizer and enter the domain for the author node.