The following administration tools are available for managing websites and pages:
- Multi Site Manager (MSM) enables you to use the same site content in multiple locations, while allowing for variations:
- Translation allows you to automate the translation of page content, assets, and user-generated content to create and maintain multilingual websites:
- These two features can be combined to cater for websites that are both Multinational and Multilingual .
Multinational and Multilingual Sites
You can efficiently create content for multinational and multilingual sites through the combined use of the Multi Site Manager and the translation workflow. Create a master site in one language, for a specific country, then use that content as a basis for the other sites, using translation where required:
- Translate the master site into different languages.
- Use Multi Site Manager to:
- Re-use content from the master site, and the translations, to create sites for other countries and cultures.
- Make sure to limit the use of Multi Site Manager to content within one language, e.g. English master -> English language branches in country sites, French master -> French language branches in country sites.
- Where required, detach elements of the live copies to add localization details.
The following diagram illustrates how the main concepts intersect (but does not show all levels/elements involved):
In this, and comparable, scenarios MSM does not manage the different language versions as such.
- MSM manages the deployment of translated content from a blueprint (e.g. a global master) to the live copies (e.g. the local sites), within the boundaries of a language.
- The translation integration capabilities of AEM, in conjunction with third-party translation management services, manages the languages and translating content into these different languages.
For more advanced use-cases, MSM may be used across language masters as well.