Creating a Language Root Using the Classic UI
The following procedure uses the classic UI to create a language root of a site. For more information, see Creating a Language Root .
- In the Websites console, in the Websites tree, select the root page of the site. ( http://localhost:4502/siteadmin# )
- Add a new child page that represents the language version of the site:
- Click New > New Page.
- In the dialog, specify the Title and the Name. The Name needs to be in the format of <language-code> or <language-code>_<country-code> , for example en, en_US, en_us, en_GB, en_gb.
- The supported language code is lower-case, two-letter code as defined by ISO-639-1
- The supported country code is lower-case or upper-case, two-letter code as defined by ISO 3166
- Select the Template and click Create.
- In the Websites console, in the Websites tree, select the root page of the site.
- In the Tools menu, select Language Copy.The Language Copy dialog displays a matrix of available language versions and web pages. An x in a language column means that the page is available in that language.
- To copy an existing page or page tree to a language version, select the cell for that page in the language column. Click the arrow and select the type of copy to create.In the following example, the equipment/sunglasses/irian page is being copied to the French language version.Type of language copyDescriptionautoUses the behavior from parent pagesignoreDoes not create a copy of this page and its children<language>+ (e.g. French+)Copies the page and all its children from that language<language> (e.g. French)Copies only the page from that language
- Click OK to close the dialog.
- In the next dialog, click Yes to confirm the copy.