Configure the Video component
The Video component lets you place a predefined, OOTB (out-of-the-box) video element on your page.
For proper transcoding to occur, your administrator must Install FFmpeg and configure AEM separately. They can also Configure your Video Profiles for use with HTML5 elements.
Configure video profiles
You may want to define video profiles to use for HTML5 elements. Those chosen here are used in order. To access, use Design Mode (Classic UI only) and select the Profiles tab:
You can also configure the design of the video components and parameters for Playback, Flash, and Advanced.
Install FFmpeg and configure AEM
The Video Component relies on the third-party open-source product FFmpeg for proper transcoding of videos that can be downloaded from https://ffmpeg.org/ . After you install FFmpeg, you must configure AEM to use a specific audio codec and specific runtime options.
To install FFmpeg for your platform :
- On Windows:
- Download the compiled binary as ffmpeg.zip
- Unzip to a folder.
- Set the system environment variable PATH to <*your-ffmpeg-locatio*n>\bin
- Restart AEM.
- On Mac OS X:
- Install Xcode ( https://developer.apple.com/technologies/tools/xcode.html )
- Install XQuartz/X11.
- Install MacPorts ( https://www.macports.org/ )
- In the console run the following command and follow the instructions:sudo port install ffmpegFFmpeg must be in PATH so AEM can pick it up via command line.
- Using the precompiled version for OS X 10.6:
- Download the precompiled version.
- Extract it to the /usr/local directory.
- From terminal, execute:sudo ln -s /usr/local/Cellar/ffmpeg/0.6/bin/ffmpeg /usr/bin/ffmpeg
To configure AEM :
- Open CRXDE Lite in your web browser. ( http://localhost:4502/crx/de )
- Select the /libs/settings/dam/video/format_aac/jcr:content node and ensure that the node properties are as follows:
-flags +loop -me_method umh -g 250 -qcomp 0.6 -qmin 10 -qmax 51 -qdiff 4 -bf 16 -b_strategy 1 -i_qfactor 0.71 -cmp chroma -subq 8 -me_range 16 -coder 1 -sc_threshold 40 -b-pyramid normal -wpredp 2 -mixed-refs 1 -8x8dct 1 -fast-pskip 1 -keyint_min 25 -refs 4 -trellis 1 -direct-pred 3 -partitions i8x8,i4x4,p8x8,b8x8
- To customize the configuration, create an overlay in /apps/settings/ node and move the same structure under /conf/global/settings/ node. It cannot be edited in /libs node. For example, to overlay path /libs/settings/dam/video/fullhd-bp , create it at /conf/global/settings/dam/video/fullhd-bp .Overlay and edit the entire profile-node and not just the property that needs modification. Such resources are not resolved via SlingResourceMerger.
- If you changed either of the properties, click Save All .
OOTB workflow models are not preserved when you upgrade your AEM instance. Adobe recommends that you copy OOTB workflow models before editing them. For example, copy the OOTB DAM Update Asset model before editing the FFmpeg Transcoding step in the DAM Update Asset model to pick video-profile names that existed before the upgrade. Then, you can overlay the /apps node to let AEM retrieve the custom changes to the OOTB model.