Training the Smart Content Service
For the Smart Content Service to recognize your business taxonomy, run it on a set of assets that already include tags that are relevant to your business. After training, the service can apply the same taxonomy on a similar set of assets.
You can train the service multiple times to improve its ability to apply relevant tags. After each training cycle, run a tagging workflow and check whether your assets are tagged appropriately.
You can train the Smart Content Service periodically or on requirement basis.
The training workflow runs on folders only.
You can enable the Smart Content Service to train periodically on the assets and associated tags within a folder. Open the properties page of your asset folder, select Enable Smart Tags under the Details tab, and save the changes.
Once this option is selected for a folder, AEM runs a training workflow automatically to train the Smart Content Service on the folder assets and their tags. By default, the training workflow runs on a weekly basis at 12:30 AM on Saturdays.
You can train the Smart Content Service whenever required from the Workflow console.
- Tap/click the AEM logo, and go to Tools > Workflow > Models .
- From the Workflow Models page, select the Smart Tags Training workflow and then tap/click Start Workflow from the toolbar.
- In the Run Workflow dialog, browse to the payload folder that includes the tagged assets for training the service.
- Specify a title for the workflow and a add a comment. Then, tap/click Run . The assets and tags are submitted for training.
Once the assets in a folder are processed for training, only the modified assets are processed in subsequent training cycles.
Viewing training reports
To check whether the Smart Content Service is trained on your tags in the training set of assets, review the training workflow report from the Reports console.
- Tap/click the AEM logo, and go to Tools > Assets > Reports .
- In the Asset Reports page, tap/click Create .
- Select the Smart Tags Training report, and then tap/click Next from the toolbar.
- Specify a title and description for the report. Under Schedule Report , leave the Now option selected. If you want to schedule the report for later, select Later and specify a date and time. Then, tap/click Create from the toolbar.
- In the Asset Reports page, select the report you generated. To view the report, tap/click the View icon from the toolbar.
- Review the details of the report.The report displays the training status for the tags you trained. The green color in the Training Status column indicates that the Smart Content Service is trained for the tag. Yellow color indicates that the service is not completely trained for a particular tag. In this case, add more images with the particular tag and run the training workflow to train the service completely on the tag.If you do not see your tags in this report, run the training workflow again for these tags.
- To download the report, select it from the list, and tap/click the Download icon from the toolbar. The report downloads as an Excel file.