Mixed Media Sets
Mixed Media Sets let you provide a mix of images, Image Sets, Spin Sets, and videos in one presentation.
Mixed Media Sets are designated by a banner with the word MixedMediaSet . In addition, if the Mixed Media Set is published, then the publish date, indicated by the World icon is on the banner along with the last modification date, indicated by the Pencil icon displays.
For information on the Assets user interface, see Managing assets with the Touch UI .
Quick Start: Mixed Media Sets
To get you up and running quickly with Mixed Media Sets, follow these steps:
- Start by uploading the images and videos for your Mixed Media Sets. If necessary, create your Image Sets and Spin Sets . Because users can zoom on images in the Mixed Media Set Viewer, take zooming into account when you choose images. Make sure that the images are least 2000 pixels in the largest dimension.
- To create a Mixed Media Set, from the Assets page, tap Create > Mixed Media Set , then name the set. Choose the assets, then choose the order that the images appear.
- Set up Mixed Media Viewer presets , as needed.Administrators can create or modify Mixed Media Set Viewer Presets. To see your mixed media with a viewer preset, select the mixed media set, and in the left-rail drop-down menu, select Viewers .See Tools > Assets > Viewer Presets to create or edit viewer presets.
- Select the Mixed Media Set and you can preview it. Click the thumbnail icons to examine your Mixed Media Set in the selected Viewer. You can choose different Viewers from the Viewers menu, available from the left rail drop-down menu.
- Publishing a Mixed Media Set activates the URL and Embed string. In addition, you must publish the viewer preset .
- AEM Assets creates URL calls for Mixed Media Sets and activates them after you publish the mixed media sets. You can copy these URLs when you preview assets. Alternatively you can embed them on your web site.Select the Mixed Media Set, then in the left rail drop-down menu, select Viewers .
If you need to, you can edit Mixed Media Sets . In addition, you can view and modify Mixed Media Set properties .
If you have issues creating sets, see Troubleshooting Dynamic Media - Scene7 mode .
Start by uploading the images and videos for your Mixed Media Sets. Because users can zoom on images in the Mixed Media Set Viewer, be sure you take zooming into account when you choose images. Make sure that the images are least 2000 pixels in the largest dimension.
In addition, if you want to add spin sets or image sets to the mixed media set, create those as well.
Creating Mixed Media Sets
You can add images, Image Sets, Spin Sets, and videos to your Mixed Media set. Make sure your files, image sets, and spin sets are ready to publish before you add them to the Mixed Media Set.
When you add assets to your set, they are automatically added in alphanumeric order. You can manually re-order or sort assets after they have been added.
To create a Mixed Media Set :
- In Assets, navigate to where you want to create a mixed media set, and click Create , and select Mixed Media Set . You can also create the set from inside a folder that contains your assets.
- In the Mixed Media Set Editor page, in Title , enter a name for the Mixed Media Set. The name appears in the banner across the Mixed Media Set. Optionally, enter a description.When creating the mixed media set, you can change the mixed media set thumbnail or allow AEM to select the thumbnail automatically based on the assets in the mixed media set. To select a thumbnail, click Change thumbnail and select any image (you can navigate to other folders to find images as well). If you have selected a thumbnail and then decide that you want AEM to generate one from the mixed media set, select Switch to Automatic thumbnail .
- Tap the Asset Selector to select assets that you want to include in your Mixed Media Set. Select them and tap Select .With the Asset Selector , you can search for assets by typing in a keyword and tapping Return . You can also apply filters to refine your search results. You can filter by path, collection, file type, and tag. Select the filter and then tap the Filter icon from the toolbar. Change the view by selecting the View icon and selecting List , Column , or Card view.See Working with Selectors .
- Re-order the assets by dragging them up or down the list (must select the reorder icon), as necessary.If you want to add thumbnails, click the + icon next to the image and navigate to the thumbnail you want. When you are done selecting all the thumbnail images tap Save .If you want to add assets, tap Add Asset .
- To delete an asset, select the corresponding check box and tap Delete Asset .
- To apply a preset, tap Preset in the upper right corner and select a preset to apply to the assets.
- Click Save . Your newly created Mixed Media Set appears in the folder you created it in.
Editing Mixed Media Sets
You can perform a variety of editing tasks to assets in Mixed Media Sets directly in the user interface as you would any asset in Assets . You can also perform the following actions in Mixed Media Sets:
- Add assets to the Mixed Media Set.
- Re-order assets in the Mixed Media Set.
- Delete assets in the Mixed Media Set.
- Apply viewer presets.
- Change the default thumbnail.
To edit Mixed Media Sets :
- Do any one of the following:
- Hover over a Mixed Media Set asset, then tap Edit (pencil icon).
- Hover over a Mixed Media Set asset, tap Select (checkmark icon), then tap Edit on the toolbar.
- Tap on a Mixed Media Set asset, then tap Edit (pencil icon) on the toolbar.
- In the Mixed Media Set Editor, do any of the following:
- To reorder assets - In the left panel, tap Assets (picture icon), drag an asset to a new location.
- To add assets - On the toolbar, tap Add Asset . Navigate to the assets. For each asset that you want to add, hover over the asset's image (not the asset's name), then tap the checkmark icon. In the upper-right corner, tap Select .
- To delete an asset - In the left panel, tap Assets (picture icon), then select the asset. On the toolbar bar tap Delete Asset .
- To sort assets by their name in ascending or descending order, in the left panel, tap Assets (picture icon). To the right of the Assets heading, tap the up or down caret icons.
- To delete an entire Mixed Media Set, from any viewing mode (such as Card view or Column view) navigate to the Mixed Media Set. Hover over the asset and tap the checkmark icon to select it. Press Backspace on the keyboard, or tap More (three dots) on the toolbar, then tap Delete .
- You can edit the assets in a Mixed Media Set by navigating to the set, tapping Set Members in the left rail, and then tapping the Pencil icon on an individual asset to open the editing window.
- Tap [Save when you are done editing.
- To edit the assets in a Mixed Media Set - Navigate to the Mixed Media Set. Tap (do not select) the set to open it in the AEM Set Preview page. In the left rail, tap the down caret to open the drop-down list, then tap Set Members . In the Set Members page, hover on an asset, then tap Edit (pencil icon) to open the editing page.
- To delete an entire Mixed Media Set - From any viewing mode (such as Card view or Column view), navigate to the Mixed Media Set. Hover on the set, then tap Select (checkmark icon). Press Backspace on your keyboard, or tap More (row of three dots), then tap Delete .
Previewing Mixed Media Sets
See Previewing Assets for details on how to preview Mixed Media Sets.
Publishing Mixed Media Sets
See Publishing Assets for details on how to publish Mixed Media Sets.
If the Mixed Media Det does not fully end up in the delivery service the first time you publish it, you may need to publish the mixed media set a second time.