Some Content Fragment functionality requires the application of AEM 6.4 Service Pack 2 (126.96.36.199) or later .
Associated content provides the connection so that assets (i.e.) can be (optionally) used with the fragment when it is added to a content page. This provides flexibility by providing a range of assets to access when using the content fragment on a page , while also helping to reduce the time required to search for the appropriate asset.
Adding Associated Content
There are various methods of adding visual assets (e.g. images) to the fragment and/or page.
To make the association you first need to add your media asset(s) to a collection . Once that is done you can:
- Open your fragment and select Associated Content from the side panel.
- Select Associate Content or Associate Collection (as appropriate, depending on whether any collections have already been associated or not).
- Select the required collection.You can optionally add the fragment itself to the selected collection; this aids tracking.
- Confirm (with the check mark). The collection will be listed as associated.
Editing Associated Content
Once you have associated a collection you can:
- Remove the association.
- Add Assets to the collection.
- Select an asset for further action.
- Edit the asset.