Use Adobe Stock assets in Adobe Experience Manager Assets
Organizations can integrate their Adobe Stock enterprise plan with Experience Manager Assets to ensure that licensed assets are broadly available for their creative and marketing projects, with the powerful asset management capabilities of Experience Manager.
Adobe Stock service provides designers and businesses with access to millions of high-quality, curated, royalty-free photos, vectors, illustrations, videos, templates, and 3D assets for all their creative projects. Experience Manager users are able to quickly find, preview, and license Adobe Stock assets that are saved in Experience Manager, without leaving the Experience Manager interface.
Integrate Experience Manager and Adobe Stock
To allow communication between Experience Manager and Adobe Stock, create an IMS configuration and an Adobe Stock configuration in Experience Manager.
Only Experience Manager administrators and Admin Console administrators for an organization can perform the integration as it requires administrator privileges.
Create an IMS configuration
- In Experience Manager user interface, navigate to Tools > Security > Adobe IMS Configurations . Click Create and select Cloud Solution > Adobe Stock .
- Either reuse an existing certificate or select Create new certificate .
- Click Create certificate . Once created, download the public key. Click Next .
- Add the downloaded public key to your Adobe Developer Console service account. Click Next . Leave the Adobe IMS Technical Account Configuration screen open to provide the values shortly.
- Access Adobe Developer Console . Ensure that your account has administrator permissions for the organization for which the integration is required.
- Click Create new project and click Add API . Select Adobe Stock from the list of APIs that are available to you. Select OAUTH 2.0 Web. Configure and copy the various values presented.
- In Experience Manager provide the values in the fields titled Title , Authorization Server , API Key , Client Secret , and Payload . See JWT authentication quick start , for detailed information about these values.
Create Adobe Stock configuration in Experience Manager
- In the Experience Manager user interface, navigate to Tools > Cloud Services > Adobe Stock .
- Click Create to create a configuration and associate it with your existing IMS Configuration. Select PROD as the environment parameter.
- In Licensed Assets Path field, leave a location as is. Do not change the location where you want to store the Adobe Stock assets.
- Complete creation by adding all the required properties. Click Save & Close .
- Add Experience Manager users or groups, who can license the assets.
If there are multiple Adobe Stock configurations, select the desired configuration in User Preferences panel ( AEM > User Icon > User Preferences > Stock Configuration ).
Use and manage Adobe Stock assets in Experience Manager
Using this capability, organizations can allow its users to work using Adobe Stock assets in Experience Manager Assets. From within the Experience Manager user interface, users can search Adobe Stock assets and license the required assets.
Once an Adobe Stock asset is licensed in Experience Manager, it can be used and managed like a typical asset. In Experience Manager, the users can search and preview the assets; copy and publish the assets; share the assets on Brand Portal; access and use the assets via Experience Manager desktop app; and so on.
Figure: Search for Adobe Stock assets and filter results from your Experience Manager interface.
A. Search assets similar to the assets whose Adobe Stock ID is provided. B. Search assets that match your selection of shape or orientation. C. Search for one of more supported asset types D. Open or collapse the filters pane E. License and save the selected asset in Experience Manager F. Save the asset in Experience Manager with watermark G. Explore assets on Adobe Stock website that are similar to the selected asset H. View the selected assets on Adobe Stock website I. Number of selected assets from the search results J. Switch between Card view and List view
Your Experience Manager users, can search for assets in both, Experience Manager and Adobe Stock. When the search location is not limited to Adobe Stock, the search results from Experience Manager and Adobe Stock are displayed.
- To search for Adobe Stock assets, click Navigation > Assets > Search Adobe Stock .
- To search for assets across Adobe Stock and Experience Manager Assets, click search .
Alternatively, start typing Location: Adobe Stock in the search bar to select Adobe Stock assets. Experience Manager offers advanced filtering capabilities on the searched assets, allowing users to quickly zero-in on the required assets using filters, such as types of supported assets, image orientation, and licensed state.
Assets searched from Adobe Stock are just displayed in Experience Manager. Adobe Stock assets are fetched and stored in Experience Manager repository only after a user either saves an asset or licenses and saves an asset . Assets that are already stored in Experience Manager are displayed and highlighted for ease of reference and access. Also, the Stock assets are saved with some additional metadata to indicate the source as Stock.
Figure: Search filters in Experience Manager and highlighted Adobe Stock assets in search results.
Save and view the required assets
Select an asset that you want to save in Experience Manager. Click Save in the toolbar at the top and provide the name and location of the asset. The unlicensed assets are saved locally with a watermark.
Next time when you search for assets, the saved assets are highlighted with a badge, to indicate that such assets are available in Experience Manager Assets.
The recently added assets display a New badge instead of Licensed badge.
Users can license Adobe Stock assets by using the quota of their Adobe Stock enterprise plan. When you license an asset, it is saved without a watermark and is available for searching and using in Experience Manager Assets.
Figure: Dialog to license and save Adobe Stock assets in Experience Manager Assets.
Access metadata and asset properties
Users can access and preview the metadata, including the Adobe Stock metadata properties for the assets saved in Experience Manager, and add License References for an asset. However, the updates to license reference are not synced between Experience Manager and Adobe Stock website.
Users can see the properties for both, licensed and unlicensed assets.
Figure: View and access metadata and license references of saved assets.
- Editorial image warning is not displayed : When licensing an image, users cannot check if an image is Editorial Use Only. To prevent possible misuse, the administrators can turn off the access to editorial assets from the Admin Console.
- Wrong license type is displayed : It is possible that an incorrect license type is displayed in Experience Manager for an asset. Users can log into the Adobe Stock website to see the license type.
- Reference fields and metadata are not synced : When a user updates a license reference field, the license reference information is updated in Experience Manager but not on the Adobe Stock website. Similarly, if the user updates the reference fields on the Adobe Stock website, the updates are not synchronized in Experience Manager.