Apply workflows to assets
Applying workflows to digital assets is the same as for website pages. For a complete guide on how to create and use workflows in AEM, see Starting Workflows .
Use workflows in digital assets to activate the asset or create watermarks. Many of the workflows for assets are automatically turned on. For example, the workflow that automatically creates a rendition after an image is edited is automatically turned on.
If a workflow available in Classic UI is not available in Touch-enabled UI, like Request to Activate and Request to Deactivate, see Make workflow models available in Touch UI .
Applying a workflow to an AEM asset
For details of applying a workflow to an AEM asset, see Starting a Workflow on an Asset .
Applying a workflow to multiple assets
- From the Assets console, navigate to the location of the assets for which you want to start a workflow, and select the assets.
- Click the GlobalNav icon, and the choose Timeline from the menu to display the timeline.
- Click the Actions (arrow) icon at the bottom.
- Click Start Workflow .
- In the Start Workflow dialog, select a workflow model from the list.
- (Optional) Specify a title for the workflow, which can be used to reference the workflow instance.
- Click Start and then click Confirm in the dialog. The workflow runs on all the assets you selected.
Applying a workflow to multiple folders
The procedure to apply a workflow to multiple folders is similar to the procedure to apply a workflow to multiple assets. Select the folders in the Assets console, and perform steps 2-7 of the procedure Applying a workflow to multiple assets .
Applying a workflow to a collection
For details of applying a workflow to a collection, see Running a workflow on a collection .