Targeting your Adobe Campaign
To target your Adobe Campaign newsletter, you need to first set up segmentation, which is only available in the Classic UI (for client context). After that you can create targeted experiences for Adobe Campaign. Both are described in this section.
Setting up segmentation in AEM
To set up segmentation, you need to use the classic UI to set up the segments. The remaining steps can be performed in the standard UI.
Setting up segmentation includes creating segments, a brand, campaign, and experiences.
Segment ID needs to be mapped to the one on the Adobe Campaign side.
To create segments:
- Open the segmentation console at <host>:<port>/miscadmin#/etc/segmentation .
- Create a new page and enter a title - for example, AC Segments - and select the Segment (Adobe Campaign) template.
- Select the created page in the tree view on the left-hand side.
- Create a segment, for example targeting male users, by creating a new page under the segment you created called Male and select the Segment (Adobe Campaign) template.
- Open the created segment page and drag and drop a Segment ID from the sidekick onto the page.
- Double-click the trait, enter the ID representing in this case, the male segment defined in Adobe Campaign - for example, MALE - and click OK . The following message should appear: targetData.segmentCode == "MALE"
- Repeat the steps for another segment, for example, a segment targeting female users.
Creating a Brand
To create a brand:
- In Sites , navigate to the Campaigns folder (for example in We.Retail).
- Click Create Page and enter a title for the page, for example We.Retail Brand and select the Brand template.
Creating a Campaign
To create a campaign:
- Open the Brand page you just created.
- Click Create Page and enter a title for your page, for example, We.Retail Campaign, and select the Campaign template and click Create .
To create experiences for segments:
- Open the Campaign page you just created.
- Create experiences for your segments by clicking Create Page and entering a title for your page, for example, Male as you are creating an experience for the Male segment, and select the Experience template.
- Open the created Experience page.
- Click Edit , then below Segments click Add Item .
- Enter the path to the male segment, for example /etc/segmentation/ac-segments/male and click OK . The following message should appear: Experience is targeted at: Male
- Repeat the previous steps to create an experience for all segments, for example the female target.