Configuring your account environment
AEM provides you with the capability to configure your account and certain aspects of the author environment.
Using the User option in the header and the associated My Preferences dialog, you can modify your user options.
The My Preferences dialog is access via the User option in the header.
Each user can set certain properties for himself or herself.
- LanguageThis defines the language to use for the UI of the authoring environment. Select the required language from the available list.This configuration is also used for the classic UI.
- Window ManagementThis defines the behavior or opening windows. Select either:
- Multiple Windows (Default)
- Pages will be opened in a new window.
- Single Window
- Pages will be opened in the current window.
- Show desktop actions for AssetsThis option requires AEM desktop app to use.
- Annotation ColorThis defines the default color used when making annotations.
- Click the color block to open the swatch selector to select a color.
- Alternatively, enter the hex code for the desire color in the field.
- Relative Date PresentationTo improve readability, AEM will render dates within the last seven days as relative dates (e.g. Three days ago) and older dates as exact dates (e.g. 20 March 2017).This option defines how dates in the system are displayed. The following options are available:
- Always show exact date : The exact date is always displayed (never a relative date).
- 1 Day : The relative date is shown for dates within one day, otherwise an exact date is shown.
- 7 Days (default) : The relative date is shown for dates within seven days, otherwise an exact date is shown.
- 1 Month : The relative date is shown for dates within one month, otherwise an exact date is shown.
- 1 Year : The relative date is shown for dates within one year, otherwise an exact date is shown.
- Always show relative date : Exact dates are never shown and only relative dates are shown.
- Enable ShortcutsAEM supports a number of keyboard shortcuts that make authoring more efficient.This option enables keyboard shortcuts. By default they are enabled, but can be disabled for example if a user has certain accessibility requirements.
- Use Classic Authoring ExperienceThis option enables classic UI -based page authoring. By default the standard UI is used.
- Enable Assets Home PageThis option will only be available if your system administrator has enabled Assets Home Page experience for the entire organization.