Editing Page Properties
You can define the required properties for a page. These can vary depending on the nature of the page. For example some pages might be connected to a live copy while others are not and the live copy information will be available as appropriate.
The properties are distributed across several tabs:
- TitleThe title of the page is shown in various locations. For example, the Websites tab list and the Sites card/list views.This is a mandatory field.
- TagsHere you can add, or remove tags from the page by updating the list in the selection box:
- After selecting a tag is it listed below the selection box. You can remove a tag from this list using the x.
- A completely new tag can be entered by typing the name in an empty selection box.The new tag will actually be created when you hit enter. The new tag will then be shown in a box, with a small star on the right indicating that it is a new tag.
- With the drop-down functionality you can select from existing tags.
- An x appears when you mouse-over a tag entry in the selection box; this can be used to remove that tag for this page.
- Hide in NavigationA toggle switch to indicate whether the page is shown or hidden in the page navigation.
- Page TitleA title to be used on the page.
- Navigation TitleYou can specify a separate title for use in the navigation (for example, if you want something more concise). If empty, the Title will be used.
- SubtitleA subtitle for use on the page.
- DescriptionYour description of the page, its purpose or any other details you want to add.
- On TimeThe date and time at which the published page will be activated. When published this page will be kept dormant until the specified time.Leave these fields empty for pages you want to publish immediately (the normal scenario).
- Off TimeThe time at which the published page will be deactivated.Again leave these fields empty for pages you want to publish immediately.
- Vanity URLAllows you to enter a vanity URL for this page. That allows you to have a shorter and more expressive URL.For example, if the Vanity URL is set to w elcome to the page identified by the path / v1.0/startpage for the website h ttp://example.com, then h ttp://example.com/welcome would be the vanity URL of h ttp://example.com/content/v1.0/startpageVanity URLs:
- must be unique so you should take care that the value is not already used by another page.
- do not support regex patterns.
- Redirect Vanity URLIndicates whether you want the page to use the vanity URL.
- LanguageThe page language.
- RedirectIndicate the page to which this page should automatically redirect.
- DesignIndicate the design to be used for this page.
- AliasSpecify an alias to be used with this page.
- Enable Closed User GroupEnables (or disables) use of closed user groups (CUGs).
- Login PageThe page to be used for login.
- Admitted GroupsGroups eligible for login to the CUG.
- RealmRealm name for the CUG.
- Export ConfigurationSpecify an export configuration.
- Page ThumbnailShows the page thumbnail image. You can:
- Generate PreviewGenerate a preview of the page to use as thumbnail.
- Upload ImageUpload an image to use as thumbnail.
- Cloud ServicesDefine properties for cloud services .
- PersonalizationSelect a Brand to specify a scope for Targeting .
- Permissions (touch-optimized UI)
- BlueprintDefine properties for a Blueprint page within multi-site management . Controls the circumstances under which modifications will be propagated to the Live Copy.
- LivecopyDefine properties for a Live Copy page within multi-site management . Controls the circumstances under which modifications will be propagated from the Blueprint.
- Provide links to pages that provide site-wide functionality, such as Signup Page , Offline Page , amongst others.
Editing Page Properties
Editing Page Properties for a Specific Page
Page Properties define the various properties of the page, such as titles, when they appear on the website and others.
- Open the page you want to edit.
- In the sidekick open the Page tab then select Page Properties...This opens a dialog with multiple tabs.
- Make the changes you require, then click OK to save.