ASRP - Adobe Storage Resource Provider
An additional license is required for the use of ASRP.
To configure your AEM Communities site to use ASRP for UGC, contact your account representative for:
- Data Center URL (address of the ASRP endpoint)
- Consumer Key
- Secret Key
- Report Suite ID(s)
The consumer and secret keys are shared across all report suites for a company. There is one report suite per tenant.
The Storage Configuration console allows for the selection of the default storage configuration, which identifies which implementation of SRP to use.
On author :
- From global navigation: Tools > Communities > Storage Configuration
- Select Adobe Storage Resource Provider (ASRP)
- The following information comes from the provisioning process
- Data Center URLPull-down to select the production data center identified by your account representative
- Default Report SuiteEnter the name of the default report suite
- Consumer KeyEnter the consumer key
- SecretEnter the secret key
- Select Submit
Prepare the publish instances:
After submitting the configuration, test the connection:
- Select Test Config for each author and publish instance, test the connection to the data center from the Storage Configuration console
- Finally, ensure that the site URLs for profile data are routable from the Data Center by externalizing links .
Replicate the Crypto Key
The Consumer Key and Secret Key are encrypted. In order for the keys to be encrypted/decrypted properly, the master Granite Crypto key must be the same on all AEM instances.
Follow the instructions at Replicate the Crypto Key .
In order for authentication with the ASRP endpoint to succeed, the machines running your hosted AEM Communities must be time synchronized, such as with the Network Time Protocol (NTP) .
Publishing the Configuration
ASRP must be identified as the common store on all author and publish instances.
To make the identical configuration available in the publish environment:
- On author :
- Navigate from main menu to Tools > Operations > Replication
- Select Activate Tree
- Start Path :
- Browse to /etc/socialconfig/srpc/
- Uncheck Only Modified
- Select Activate
Upgrading from AEM 6.0
If you enable ASRP on a published community site, any UGC already stored in JCR will no longer be visible as there is no synchronization of data between on-premise storage and cloud storage.
AEM Communities Extension was previously introduced in AEM 6.0 social communities as a cloud service. As of AEM 6.1 Communities, no cloud configuration is necessary, simply select ASRP from the storage configuration console .
Due to the new storage structure, it is necessary to follow the upgrade instructions when upgrading from social communities to Communities.
UGC Disappears after Upgrade
If upgrading from an exisitng AEM 6.0 social community site, be sure to follow the upgrade instructions , else UGC will appear to be lost.
If receiving authentication errors against the Data Center URL, and the AEM error.log contains messages about stale timestamps, then verify that time synchronization is happening.
It is recommended to use a tool such as the Network Time Protocol (NTP) to time synchronize all AEM author and publish servers.
New Content Does Not Appear in Searches
The Adobe cloud storage infrastructure uses eventual consistency to help achieve its scaling and performance goals. For this reason, new content is not instantly available and it may take several seconds for it to appear in search results.
While the interval affecting eventual consistency is monitored, please contact your account representative if it takes longer than a few seconds for new content to appear in searches.
UGC Not Visible in ASRP
Make sure ASRP has been configured to be the default provider by checking the configuration of the storage option. By default, the storage resource provider is JSRP, not ASRP.
On all author and publish AEM instances, revisit the Storage Configuration console or check the AEM repository: