The Communities Badges console provides the ability to add custom badges which can be displayed for a member when earned (awarded) or when they take on a specific role in the community (assigned).
Currently, badges a community member earns or is assigned will appear along with their name and avatar in the following locations:
In the author environment, to reach the Badges console
- From global navigation: Tools > Communities > Badges
This console displays the badges currently available and from which new badges can be added.
A badge is created by uploading a suitably small image (72dpi with a height ranging from 26-32 pixels) and providing a name. The badge image is stored in the repository at /etc/community/badging/images and is automatically replicated to the publish environment.
If the publish environment is a farm of publishers, it is necessary to configure user sync .
- Upload Image( Required ) A badge image with a recommended size of 32 x 32 pixels at 72dpi in either the JPEG or PNG format.
- Name( Required ) The badge name. It is the default Display Name as well as the repository node name. If the Name is not a valid repository node name, it will be modified.
- Display Name( Optional ) The name to display for the badge in the UI. Default is the unaltered text entered for the Name .
- Description( Optional ) A description for the badge.