Members & Groups Management Consoles
AEM Communities features often require site visitors to be registered and signed-in before participating in a community in the publish environment. Their user registration need only exist in the publish environment and they are commonly referred to as members to distinguish them from users registered in the author environment.
Members (Users) on Publish
Using the Communities Members and Groups consoles, members and member groups registered in the publish environment may be created and managed from the author environment. This is only possible when the tunnel service is enabled.
In the author environment, to reach the Members console for managing members registered in the publish environment:
- From global navigation: Navigation > Communities > Members
It will not be possible to use the Members console if the tunnel service is not enabled.
Select the side panel icon on the left side of the Members header to toggle open the search side panel.
Select the search icon on the left side of the Members header to toggle the search side panel closed.
The columns displaying Views , Posts , Follows and Likes are updated when the user is a member of one or more community sites with Adobe Analytics enabled .
Selecting the Export CSV link results in downloading all members as a list of comma-separated values, suitable for importing into a spreadsheet.
The column headers are
| Screen Name |Last Name |First Name |Status |Views |Posts |Follows |Likes |
Create New Member
Select Create Member in order to create a user in the publish environment.
GENERAL - Member Details
Most fields are optional fields the member can later fill-in on their profile.
- ID ( required ) The authorizable ID is the member's sign-in ID. By default, the ID is set to the value of the required email address. Once created, the ID may not be modified.
- Email Address ( required ) The member's email address. The member may change their email address when updating their profile.I If the ID defaulted to the email address, the ID will not change when the email address is changed.
- Password ( required ) The sign-in password.
- Retype Password ( required ) Re-enter the password for verification.
- Add Member to Sites ( optional ) Select from existing community sites in order to add the member to the community site's members group.
- Add Member to Groups ( optional ) Select from existing member groups in order to add the member to that group.
- Select Save
GENERAL - Account settings
Under Account settings it is possible for a community administrator to
Default is Not Banned .
- Banned A member is unable to sign in, preventing them from viewing pages or participating in activities which require sign in. They may still anonymously visit an open community site.
- Not Banned A member has full access to the community site.
- Contribution Limits If checked, the member's ability to post content is limited. Default depends on the configuration of contribution limits. See Member Contribution Limits .
- Change Password A link that is present when modifying an existing member. Provides the ability for a community administrator to reset a password for a member.
GENERAL - Photo
To provide an avatar for the member, begin by selecting Upload Image and choose an image of type .jpg, .png, .tif, or .gif. The preferred size for an image is 240 x 240 pixels at 72 dpi.
GENERAL - Add Member to Sites
The member may be added to one or more community sites' members groups. Begin by entering text in the text box.
GENERAL - Add Member to Groups
The member may be added to one or more members groups. Begin by entering text in the text box.
The BADGES panel provides the ability to manually assign badges as well as revoke them. The badges may be for assigned roles as well as badges typically earned.
See also Scoring and Badges .
- Add badges
- Begin typing to select from available badges . Once a badge is selected, choose each site, or all sites, on which the badge should be displayed along with the member's avatar.
- Multiple badges and sites may be chosen.
- Remove badges
- Select the trash can icon next to a badge to remove it
The Groups console, available from the author environment, allows for the creation and management of member groups registered in the publish environment. It is particularly useful for:
- Group-based assignment of enablement resources
To access the Groups console:
- From global navigation: Navigation > Communities > Groups
It will not be possible to use the Groups console if the tunnel service is not enabled.
Create New Group
Select Add Group in order to create a group in the publish environment.
The required fields for creating a new publish-side member group are:
- ID ( required ) The group unique ID. Once created, the ID may not be modified.
- Name ( optional ) The display name for the group.The default value is the ID.
- Description ( optional ) A description of the group's purpose and permissions.
- Add Members To Group ( optional ) Select publish-side members to be included as initial members of the group.
- Select Save