MSRP - MongoDB Storage Resource Provider
- MongoDB :
- Version 2.6 or greater
- No need to configure mongos or sharding
- Strongly recommend use of a replica set
- May run on same host as AEM or run remotely
- Version 4.10 or version 5
- Solr requires Java 1.7 or greater
- No service is needed
- Choice of run modes:
- Standalone mode
- SolrCloud mode (recommended for production environments)
- Choice of Multilingual Search (MLS)
The Storage Configuration console allows for the selection of the default storage configuration, which identifies which implementation of SRP to use.
On author, to access the Storage Configuration console:
- From global navigation: Tools > Communities > Storage Configuration
- Select MongoDB Storage Resource Provider (MSRP)
- mongoDB Configuration
- mongoDB URIdefault : mongodb://localhost/?maxPoolSize=10&waitQueueMultiple=5&readPreference=secondaryPreferred
- mongoDB Databasedefault : communities
- mongoDB UGC Collectiondefault : content
- mongoDB Attachment Collectiondefault : attachments
- Zookeeper HostWhen running in SolrCloud mode with an external ZooKeeper, set this value to the HOST:PORT for the ZooKeeper, such as my.server.com:2181 For a ZooKeeper Ensemble, enter comma-separated HOST:PORT values, such as host1:2181,host2:2181 Leave blank if running Solr in standalone mode using the internal ZooKeeper. Default : <blank>
- Solr URL The URL used to communicate with Solr in standalone mode. Leave blank if running in SolrCloud mode. Default : https://127.0.0.1:8983/solr/
- Solr Collection The Solr collection name. Default : collection1
- Select Submit
MongoDB Replica Set
For the production environment, it is strongly recommended to setup a replica set, a cluster of MongoDB servers that implements master-slave replication and automated failover.
To learn more about replica sets, visit MongoDB's Replication documentation.
To work with replica sets and learn how to define connections between applications and MongoDB instances, visit MongoDB's Connection String URI Format documentation.
Example Url for Connecting to a Replica Set
# Example url for: # servers "mongoserver1", "mongoserver2", "mongoserver3" # replica set 'rs0' # port numbers only necessary if not default port 27017 mongodb://mongoserver1:<mongoport1>,mongoserver2:<mongoport2>,mongoserver3:<mongoport3>/?replicaSet=rs0&maxPoolSize=100&waitQueueMultiple=50&readPreference=secondaryPreferred
A Solr installation may be shared between the node store (Oak) and common store (MSRP) by using different collections.
If both the Oak and MSRP collections are used intensively, a second Solr may be installed for performance reasons.
For production environments, SolrCloud mode provides improved performance over standalone mode (a single, local Solr setup).
For configuration details, see Solr Configuration for SRP .
Publishing the Configuration
MSRP must be identified as the common store on all author and publish instances.
To make the identical configuration available in the publish environment:
- On author:
- Navigate from main menu to Tools > Operations > Replication
- Select Activate Tree
- Start Path :
- Browse to /etc/socialconfig/srpc/
- Select Activate
MSRP Reindex Tool
There is an HTTP endpoint for reindexing Solr for MSRP when installing new configuration files or repairing a damaged Solr index.
With this tool, MongoDB is the source of truth for MSRP; backups need only be taken of MongoDB.
The entire UGC tree may be reindexed, or only a specifc subtree, as specified by the *path *data parameter.
This tool may be run from the command line using cURL or any other HTTP tool.
When reindexing, there is a tradeoff between memory and performance controlled by the *batchSize *data parameter, which specifies how many UGC records are reindexed per batch.
A reasonable default is 5000:
- If memory is an issue, specify a a smaller number
- If speed is an issue, specify a larger number to increase speed
Running MSRP Reindex Tool Using cURL Command
The following cURL command shows what is necessary for an HTTP request to reindex UGC stored in MSRP.
The basic format is:
cURL -u signin -d data reindex-url
signin = administrator-id:password For example: admin:admin
data = "batchSize= size &path= path"
size = how many UGC entries to reindex per operation /content/usergenerated/asi/mongo/
path = the root location of the tree of UGC to reindex
- To reindex all UGC, specify the value of the asipath property of /etc/socialconfig/srpc/defaultconfiguration
- To limit the index to some UGC, specify a subtree of asipath
reindex-url = the endpoint for reindexing of SRP http://localhost:4503/services/social/datastore/mongo/reindex
If you are reindexing DSRP Solr , the URL is /services/social/datastore/rdb/reindex
MSRP Reindex Example
curl -s -u admin:admin -d 'batchSize=10000&path=/content/usergenerated/asi/mongo/' http://localhost:4503/services/social/datastore/mongo/reindex
How To Demo MSRP
To setup MSRP for a demonstration or development environment, see HowTo Setup MongoDB for Demo .
UGC Not Visible in MongoDB
Make sure MSRP has been configured to be the default provider by checking the configuration of the storage option. By default, the storage resource provider is JSRP.
On all author and publish AEM instances, revisit the Storage Configuration console or check the AEM repository:
UGC Disappears after Upgrade
If upgrading from an exisitng AEM Communities 6.0 site, any pre-existing UGC must be converted to conform to the structure required for the SRP API after upgrading to AEM Communities 6.3.
There is an open source tool available on GitHub for this purpose:
The migration tool can be customized to export UGC from earlier versions of AEM social communities for import into AEM Communities 6.1 or later.
Error - undefined field provider_id
If the following error is seen in the logs, it indicates the Solr schema file is not properly configured.
JsonMappingException: undefined field provider_id
Caused by: com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.JsonMappingException: undefined field provider_id at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.ser.DefaultSerializerProvider.serializeValue(DefaultSerializerProvider.java:129) at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.ObjectMapper.writeValue(ObjectMapper.java:1819) at com.adobe.cq.social.scf.core.BaseSocialComponent.toJSONString(BaseSocialComponent.java:196) ... 124 common frames omitted
To resolve the error, when following the instructions for Installing Standard MLS , ensure
- The XML configuration files were copied to the correct Solr location
- Solr was restarted after the new configuration files replaced the existing ones
Secure Connection to MongoDB Fails
If an attempt to make a secured connection to the MongoDB server fails due to a missing class definition, it is necessary to update the MongoDB driver bundle, mongo-java-driver , available from the public maven repository.
- Download the driver from https://search.maven.org/#artifactdetails%7Corg.mongodb%7Cmongo-java-driver%7C2.13.2%7Cjar (version 2.13.2 or later)
- Copy the bundle into the "crx-quickstart/install" folder for an AEM instance
- Restart the AEM instance