Tagging Enablement Resources
Tagging of enablement resources allows for filtering of resources and learning paths as members browse catalogs .
- Create a tag namespace for each catalog
- For community members only (closed community)
- Allow read access for the community site's member group
- For any site visitor, whether signed-in or anonymous (open community)
- Allow read access for the Everyone group
- Can add tags to the catalog instance to control the list of tags presented in the UI filters
- Can add pre-filters , to restrict a catalog's included resources
- Apply tags to enablement resources so they may be categorically filtered
Catalog Tag Namespaces
The catalog feature uses tags to define itself. When configuring the catalog function in a community site, the set of tag namespaces to choose from are defined by the scope of tag nmespaces set for the community site.
The Catalog function includes a tag setting which defines the tags listed in the filter UI for the catalog. The setting "All Namespaces" refers to the scope of tag namespaces selected for the community site.
Viewing Catalog on Publish
Once everything has been setup from the author environment and published, the experience of using the catalog to find enablement resources can be experienced in the publish environment.
If no tag namespaces appear in the drop-down, ensure the permissions have been set properly in the publish environment.
If tag namespaces were added and are missing, ensure the tags and the site were re-published.
If no enablement resources appear after selecting a tag when viewing the catalog, ensure there is a tag from the catalog's namespace(s) applied to the enablement resource.