Featured Content Feature
The featured content feature provides an area for signed-in site visitors (community members) in the publish environment to highlight content for
Once content is flagged as featured, it will be listed within this component, which may be placed in specific landing pages or areas that easily catches the attention of community members.
The ability to feature content may be allowed or disallowed per component.
This section of the documentation describes
- Adding featured content to a community site
- Configuration settings for the Featured Content component
Adding Featured Content to a Page
To add a Featured Content component to a page in author mode, use the component browser to locate
- Communities / Featured Content
and drag it into place on a page where the featured contentshould appear.
For necessary information, visit Communities Components Basics .
When the required client-side libraries are included, this is how the Featured Content component will appear:
Configuring Featured Content
Select the placed Featured Content component to access and select the Configure icon which opens the edit dialog.
Under the Settings tab, identify the content to feature:
- Display Name The title for the list of featured content. For example Featured Questions or Featured Ideas . Default is Featured Content if left empty.
- Location of the Featured Content (Required) Browse to the page containing the content that may be feature (components of that page must be configured to Allow Featured Content). For example, /content/sites/engage/en/forum
- Display Limit The maximum number of featured content to display. Default is 5.
Site Visitor Experience
The ability to flag content as featured content requires moderator privileges.
When a moderator views posted content, they have access to the in-context moderation flags, which includes the new Feature flag.
Once flagged as feature, the modeartion flag becomes Unfeature .
The page containing the Featured Content component, will now include this post.
Read More is a link to the actual post.