Create a Sample Page
As of AEM 6.1 Communities, the easiest way to create a sample page is to create a simple community site, consisting simply of a Page function.
This will include a parsys component so that you can enable components for authoring .
Another option for exploratoin with sample components is to use the features presented in the Community Components Guide .
Create a Community Site
This is very similar to creating a new site described in Getting Started with AEM Communities .
The major difference is this tutorial will create a new community site template that only contains the Page function in order to create a simple community site free of other features (other than the pre-wired features basic to all community sites).
Create New Site Template
To get started, create a simple community site template .
From global navigation on an author instance select Tools > Communities > Site Templates .
- Select Create button
- BASIC INFO
- Name : Single Page Template
- Description : A template consisting of a single Page function.
- select Enabled
- Drag a Page function to the Template Builder
- For Configuration Function Details, enter
- Title : Single Page
- URL : page
- Select Save for the configuration
- Select Save for the site template
Create New Community Site
Now create a new community site based on the simple site template.
After creating the site template, from global navigation select Communities > Sites .
- Select Create icon
- Step 1 - Site Template
- Title : Simple Community Site
- Description : A Community Site consisiting of a single page for experimentation.
- Community Site Root: (leave blank)
- Community Site Base Language: English
- Name : sample
- url = http://localhost:4502/content/sites/sample
- Template : choose Single Page Template
- Select Next
- Step 2 - Design
- Select any design
- Select Next
- Select Next(Accept all default Settings)
- Select Create
Publish the Site
From the community sites console , select the publish icon to publish the site, by default to http://localhost:4503.
View Site on Publish
After publishing the page, open the page on the publish instance to experiment with the features as an anonymous site visitor, signed in member, or an administrator. The Administration link visible in the author environement will not appear in the publish environment unless an administrator signs in.