Configuring your Page for Bulk Editing of Page Properties
Bulk editing of page properties allows you to edit the properties of multiple pages at once.
Due to the possibility of different values, page properties are not enabled for bulk editing as default. They must be explicitily whitelisted (enabled). When defining the page properties to be available for bulk editing you need to consider certain implications, such as:
- Certain fields are usually unique; for example a page title. You must decide whether it is meaningful to enable such fields for bulk editing, when one value will be applied.
- Certain fields might have multiple values - this needs meaningful representation when rendering.For example, a check-box indicating "Ready for Publication". This might have several values before bulk-editing (e.g. ready, in-review, in-progress).
Bulk editing of page properties is:
- Not available in the classic UI.
- Not available for pages within a live copy.
- Only available for pages with the same resource type.
Enabling a Field
Certain fields might have multiple values - this needs meaningful representation when rendering. For this reason you should only enable the following field types:
Fields are enabled on the page component ( not on the template):
- Using CRXDE Lite (or an equivalent method) open your page component.For example: /apps/core/wcm/components/page/v1/pageThis example assumes that the Core Components have been installed on the instance, which is the case if the instance is running with We.Retail sample content. See the Core Components documentation for more information.
- Navigate to the required field within the cq:dialog definition.
- Define the following property on the field node:
For example, for the standard page foundation component :/libs/foundation/components/pageThe property would be defined on:cq:dialog/content/items/tabs/items/basic/items/column/items/onofftime/items/ondateYou must not change anything in the /libs path.This is because the content of /libs is overwritten the next time you upgrade your instance (and may well be overwritten when you apply either a hotfix or feature pack).The recommended method for configuration and other changes is:
- Name : allowBulkEdit
- Type : Boolean
- Value : true
- Recreate the required item (i.e. as it exists in /libs ) under /apps
- Make any changes within /apps
- Select Save All to persist your updates.