Integrate Adobe Sign with AEM Forms
Adobe Sign enables e-signature workflows for adaptive forms. E-signatures improve workflows to process documents for legal, sales, payroll, human resource management, and many more areas.
In a typical Adobe Sign and adaptive forms scenario, a user fills an adaptive form to apply for a service . For example, a credit card application and a citizen benefits form. When a user fills, submits, and signs the application form, the form is sent to the service provider for further action. Service provider reviews the application and uses Adobe Sign to mark the application approved. To enable similar electronic-signature workflows, you can integrate Adobe Sign with AEM Forms.
To use Adobe Sign with AEM Forms, configure Adobe Sign in AEM Cloud Services:
You require the following to integrate Adobe Sign with AEM Forms:
- An active Adobe Sign developer account.
- An SSL enabled AEM Forms server.
- Credentials (Client ID and Client Secret) of Adobe Sign API application.
- When reconfiguring, remove the existing Adobe Sign configuration from both author and publish instances.
- Use identical crypto key for author and publish instances.
Configure Adobe Sign with AEM Forms
After prerequisites are in place, perform the following steps to configure Adobe Sign with AEM Forms on the Author instance:
- On AEM Forms author instance, navigate to Tools > General > Configuration Browser .
- See the Configuration Browser documentation for more information.
- On the Configuration Browser page, tap Create .
- In the Create Configuration dialog, specify a Title for the configuration, enable Cloud Configurations , and tap Create . It creates a configuration container for cloud services.
- Navigate to Tools > Cloud Services > Adobe Sign and select the configuration container you created in the above step.Ensure that the URL of the cloud services configuration page starts with HTTPS . If not, enable SSL for AEM Forms server.
- On the configuration page, tap Create to create Adobe Sign configuration in AEM Forms.
- In the General tab of the Create Adobe Sign Configuration page, specify a Name for the configuration and tap Next . You can optionally specify a title and browse to select a thumbnail for the configuration.
- Copy the URL in your current browser window to a notepad. It is required to configure Adobe Sign application with AEM Forms.
- Configure OAuth settings for the Adobe Sign application:
- Open a browser window and sign in to the Adobe Sign developer account.
- Select the application configured for AEM Forms, and tap Configure OAuth for Application.
- In the Redirect URL box, add the HTTPS URL copied in the previous step and click Save .
- Enable the following OAuth settings for the Adobe Sign application and click Save .
For step-by-step information to configure OAuth settings for an Adobe Sign application and obtain the keys, see Configure oAuth settings for the application developer documentation.
- Go back to the Create Adobe Sign Configuration page. In the Settings tab, the OAuth URL field mentions the following default URL:https://secure.na1.echosign.com/public/oauthwhere:na1 refers to the default database shard.You can modify the value for the database shard. Restart the server to be able to use the new value for the database shard.
- Specify the Client ID (also referred to as Application ID) and Client Secret . Select the Enable Adobe Sign for attachments also option to append files attached to an adaptive form to the corresponding Adobe Sign document sent for signing.Tap Connect to Adobe Sign . When prompted for credentials, provide username and password of the account used while creating Adobe Sign application.Tap Create to create the Adobe Sign configuration.
- Open AEM Web Console. The URL is https://'[server]:[port]'/system/console/configMgr
- Open Forms Common Configuration Service.
- In the Allow field, select All users - All the users, anonymous or logged in, can preview attachments, verify and sign forms, and click Save. Author instance is configured to use Adobe Sign.
- Use replication to create identical configuration on corresponding publish instances.
Now, Adobe Sign is integrated with AEM Forms and ready for use in adaptive forms. To use Adobe Sign service in an adaptive form , specify the configuration container created above in adaptive form properties.
Configure Adobe Sign scheduler to sync the signing status
An Adobe Sign enabled adaptive form is submitted only after all the signers complete the signing process. By default, the Adobe Sign Scheduler services is scheduled to check (poll) signer response after every 24 hours. You can change the default interval for your environment. Perform the following steps to change the default interval:
- Log in to AEM Forms server with admin credentials and navigate to Tools > Operations > Web Console .You can also open the following URL in a browser window: https://[localhost]:'port'/system/console/configMgr
- Locate and open the Adobe Sign Configuration Service option. Specify a cron expression in the Status Update Scheduler Expression field and click Save . For example, to run the configuration service daily at 00:00 am, specify 0 0 0 1/1 * ? * in the Status Update Scheduler Expression field.
Default interval to sync status of Adobe Sign is now changed.