Configuring Acrobat Reader DC extensions for data capture
If users of your AEM forms installation use the data capture functionality of Content Services (Deprecated), it is recommended that you create a role with read-only access for these users.
note : Adobe® LiveCycle® Content Services ES (Deprecated) is a content management system installed with LiveCycle. It enables users to design, manage, monitor, and optimize human-centric processes. Content Services (Deprecated) support ends on 12/31/2014. See Adobe product lifecycle document . To know about configuring Content Services (Deprecated), see Administering Content Services .
Data capture requires that you assign a user role to access the SampleReaderExtensionsCredential. You may assign the standard Trust Administrator role, but consider that this role gives general, non-administrative users the powerful administrator privileges that control the PKI Trust settings and manage PKI Credentials, which could compromise the security of your AEM forms installation in a production environment. It is recommended that the AEM forms system administrator create a role that grants only read-only access to the Trust Store, and assign this new role to non-administrator users who use data capture.
Create a role for data capture users
- In administration console, click Settings > User Management > Role Management, and then click New Role.
- Enter the role name (for example, Data Capture User) and description in the appropriate fields, then click Next.
- On the Role Permissions screen, click Find Permissions, then select Credential Read from the list of available permissions.
- Click OK, then click Finish.
Assign the data capture role
- In administration console, click Settings > User Management > Role Management, and then click Find.
- Click the data capture user role you created.
- On the Role Users/Groups tab, click Find Users/Groups.
- On the Find Users and Groups screen, click Find, select the users who require the data capture user role, then click OK.
- On the Edit Role screen, click Save.