Overview of output service
Output lets you merge XML form data with a form design created in Designer to create a document output stream in various formats. The output stream can be sent to a network printer, a local printer, or a disk file
You can use the Output page in administration console to administer the Output service. The settings you configure are used at run time when the equivalent settings were not specified through the AEM forms API. Configuration done through the AEM forms SDK overrides the settings configured using administration console.
For additional information about the Output service, see Services Reference .
On the Output pages in administration console, you can perform several tasks:
- Specify character sets for internationalization. (See Change the character set .)
- Specify absolute and relative paths for URLs, URIs, XCIs, and file locations. (See Specify file locations for Output .)
- Make fonts available on the application server. (See Make fonts available .)
- Specify fonts to embed. (See Specify fonts to embed .)
- Specify XCI configuration options. (See Specify XCI configuration options .)
- Specify security settings. (See Specify security settings .)
After you change the settings, click Save to apply them to Output. You do not need to restart the server for the changes to take effect, but you may need to restart the Output service when configuring cache settings.