Building a secure AEM Forms app for iOS
You need to archive the Xcode project for AEM Forms app to build the installer (an .ipa file) and a property list (a .plist file) file. The property list file contains configuration information of the hosted in-house app, such as the name and the hosting location of the app. For more information about property list file, see About Information Property List Files .
- Log in to the following website:
- Create an App ID. For detailed steps to create an App ID, see Creating and Configuring App IDs .
- To configure the bundle identifier for the iOS application for your app, click Configure App ID .
- At the bottom of the web page, select Enable for Data Protection . Specify the data protection options.Click Done .
- Navigate to Provisioning->Distribution and create a New Profile using the App ID configured in step 3.
- Download and add the provisioning profile to the Xcode and the iPad.
- Log in to your Mac machine that has Xcode, and iOS SDK installed and configured.
- Open the AEM Forms.xcodeproj project in Xcode.
- Click AEM Forms , under TARGETS , select AEM Forms . Select the Build Settings tab, locate the Code Signing Entitlement section and in the Entitlements dropdown, select the LC Enterprise option.
- Locate and open the LC Enterprise.entitlements file in the Xcode for editing. Under the **XCode entitlements, **add the same key-value pair as present in your provisioning profile.
- In the Build Settings tab, click All and then click Combined .
- From the Settings list, expand Code Signing .
- For Code Signing Identity , select the appropriate signature. Ensure that the same signature is selected for Debug , Release , and Any iOS SDK .
- Under PROJECT , select AEM Forms and ensure that the appropriate signature is selected for Code Signing Identity , Debug , Release and Any iOS SDK .
- Build and Distribute AEM Forms app. For detailed instructions to build and distribute AEM Forms app, see Build the installer for AEM Forms app .