Custom special characters in Correspondence Management
Correspondence Management has built-in, default support for 210 special characters that you can insert in letters with ease.
For example, you can insert the following special characters:
- Currency symbols such as €,￥, and £
- Mathematical symbols such as ∑, √, ∂, and ^
- Punctuation symbols as ‟ and ”
You can insert special characters in letters:
- In the text editor
The admin can add support for more/custom special characters by customization. This article provides the instructions on how you can add support for additional, custom special characters.
Add or modify support for custom special characters in Correspondence Management
Use the following steps to add support for custom special characters:
- Go to https://[server]:[port]/[ContextPath]/crx/de and login as Administrator.
- In the apps folder, create a folder named specialcharacters with path/structure similar to the specialcharacters folder (located in the textEditorConfig folder under libs):
- Right-click the specialcharacters folder at the following path and select Overlay Node :/libs/fd/cm/ma/gui/configuration/textEditorConfig/specialcharacters
- Ensure that the Overlay Node dialog has the following values:Path: /libs/fd/cm/ma/gui/configuration/textEditorConfig/specialcharactersOverlay Location: /apps/Match Node Types: CheckedDo not make changes in the /libs branch. Any changes you do make may be lost, because this branch is liable to changes whenever you:
- Upgrade on your instance
- Apply a hot fix
- Install a feature pack
- Click OK and then click Save All . The specialcharacters folder is created in the specified path.After creating the overlay, verify node structure tags. Each node created in /apps using the overlay should have same class and properties as defined in /libs for that node. If any property or tag is missing in node structure under /apps location, sync its tags with the corresponding node in /libs.
- Ensure that the textEditorConfig node has the following properties and values:NameTypeValuecmConfigurationTypeStringcmTextEditorConfigurationcssPathString/libs/fd/cm/ma/gui/components/admin/createasset/textcontrol/clientlibs/textcontrol
- Right-click the specialcharacters folder at the following path and select Create > Child Node and then click Save All :/apps/fd/cm/ma/gui/configuration/textEditorConfig/specialcharacters/<YourChildNode>
- Refresh the Text Editor\Create Correspondence UI page. The node that you have added is the last one in the list of Special characters in the UI.
- Click Save All .
- Make the changes in the special characters as required:
|To...||Complete the following steps|
|Add a custom special character|
|Update an existing special character's properties|
|Hide a special charcter|
|Hide multiple special charcters|
|Order special characters|