Custom watermark in letter PDF preview
In the Create Correspondence UI, agent users preview the correspondence in final shape in which it is sent to post processing, such as for e-mailing or printing.
To prevent unauthorized use of this data, organizations can impose a watermark on the preview PDF. The default watermark is "PREVIEW", which appears across the PDF.
To enable the watermark in preview PDF, select the Apply Watermark During Preview option in Correspondence Management Configurations at https://[server]:[port]/system/console/configMgr .
You can use the following steps to customize the text and appearance of the watermark:
Customize the watermark in PDF preview in Create Correspondence UI
- Go to https://[server]:[port]/[ContextPath]/crx/de and login as Administrator.
- In the apps folder, create a folder named previewwatermark with path/structure similar to the previewwatermark folder in the libs folder:
- Right-click the **previewwatermark **folder at the following path and select Overlay Node :/libs/fd/cm/configFiles/previewwatermark
- Ensure that the Overlay Node dialog has the following values:Path: /libs/fd/cm/configFiles/previewwatermarkOverlay Location: /apps/Match Node Types: CheckedDo not make changes in the /libs branch. Any changes you do make may be lost, because this branch is liable to changes whenever you:
- Upgrade on your instance
- Apply a hot fix
- Install a feature pack
- Click OK and then click Save All . The previewwatermark folder is created in the specified path.
- Copy and paste the ddx file from "/libs/fd/cm/configFiles/previewwatermark" folder to "/apps/fd/cm/configFiles/previewwatermark" folder and click Save All .
- Make the desired changes in the ddx file under /apps/fd/cm/configFiles/previewwatermark/.
<DDX xmlns="https://ns.adobe.com/DDX/1.0/"> <PDF result="output.pdf"> <PDF source="input.pdf"/> <Watermark opacity="15%" rotation="45"> <StyledText> <p font-family="Georgia" font-size="70pt" color="black" font-weight="bold"> PREVIEW </p> </StyledText> </Watermark> </PDF> </DDX>For information on customizing the watermark appearance, text, and alignment, see Adding and removing watermarks and backgrounds in the Assembler Service and DDX Reference document.In the ddx file, the references to result and source should remain unchaged to output.pdf and input.pdf. Name of the file ddx should also not be changed.
- Click Save All .