Download an XFA or a PDF form template
The download operation, as the name implies, lets you export forms from the repository to the local system. In combination with the upload operation, this operation helps you migrate your forms from one repository to another.
In AEM Forms, the download operation is supported for the following asset types:
- Form templates (XFA Forms)
- PDF forms
- Documents (flat PDF files)
AEM Forms supports download of these form types individually or in a folder containing one or more supported forms.
Aside from these assets, you can download the Resource type of asset if it is present in a folder. This functionality is provided to enable you to download the resource referred to by an XFA form along with the form.
Download one or more forms
- Log in to the AEM Forms user interface at https://<server>:<port>/aem/forms.html .
- Navigate to the location of the asset you want to download.
- Select the asset. Click the Download icon in the toolbar.You can select only one form for download. If you want to download multiple forms, you must download them as a folder.
- In the dialog box that appears, click Download .AEM Forms generates a ZIP file containing the selected file or the selected folder.If you're downloading a folder, the supported assets inside the folder are downloaded in their existing hierarchy.The ZIP file is saved to the Downloads folder on your system.