Upgrade to AEM 6.4 Forms on OSGi
Use one of the following upgrade paths, as appropriate for your environment.
AEM 6.2 Forms or AEM 6.3 Forms > AEM 6.4 Forms
You can perform a direct upgrade from AEM 6.2 Forms or AEM 6.3 Forms to AEM 6.4 Forms. Do the following:
- Upgrade the existing AEM instance to AEM 6.4. The steps are listed below:
- Install the latest service pack and patches for AEM 6.2 Forms or AEM 6.3 Forms. For details, see:
- Prepare the source instance for the upgrade. For detailed steps, see Upgrading to AEM 6.4 .
- Download the AEM 6.4 QuickStart .
- (Unix/Linux-based installations only) If you are using UNIX or Linux as the underlying operating system, open the terminal window, navigate to the folder containing crx-quickstart, and run the following command:chmod -R 755 ../crx-quickstart
- Upgrade your AEM instance to AEM 6.3. For step by step instructions, see Upgrading to AEM 6.4 .Before continuing with the next steps, wait until the ServiceEvent REGISTERED and ServiceEvent UNREGISTERED messages stop appearing in the <crx-repository>/error.log file.After the server is up and running, a few AEM Forms bundles remain in install state. The number of bundles can vary for every installation. You can safely ignore the state these bundles. The bundles are listed at https://[server]:[port]/system/console/ .
- Install AEM Forms add-on package. The steps are listed below:
- Open Software Distribution . You require an Adobe ID to log in to the Software Distribution.
- Tap Adobe Experience Manager available in the header menu.
- In the Filters section:
- Select Forms from the Solution drop-down list.
- Select the version and type for the package. You can also use the Search Downloads option to filter the results.
- Tap the package name applicable to your operating system, select Accept EULA Terms , and tap Download .
- Open Package Manager and click Upload Package to upload the package.
- Select the package and click Install .You can also download the package using the direct link listed in AEM Forms releases article.After the package is installed, you are prompted to restart the AEM instance. Do not immediately stop the server. Before stopping the AEM Forms server, wait until the ServiceEvent REGISTERED and ServiceEvent UNREGISTERED messages stop appearing in the <crx-repository>/error.log file and the log is stable. Also note, a few packages can remain in the installed state. You can safely ignore the state of these packages.
- Stop the AEM instance and delete the following files:
- Start the AEM instance.
- Perform post-installation activities.
- Run Migration UtilityThe migration utility makes the adaptive forms and correspondence management assets of earlier versions compatible with AEM 6.4 forms. You can download the utility from AEM Software Distribution. For step-by-step information to configure and use the migration utility, see migration utility .If you are using Sample for integrating drafts & submissions component with the database and upgrading from a previous version, then run the following SQL queries after performing the upgrade:
UPDATE metadata m, additionalmetadatatable am SET m.dataType = am.value WHERE m.id = am.id AND am.key = 'dataType'
DELETE from additionalmetadatatable WHERE `key` = 'dataType'
- (If upgrading from AEM 6.2 Forms or previous versions only) Reconfigure Adobe SignIf you had Adobe Sign configured in the previous version of AEM Forms, then reconfigure Adobe Sign from AEM Cloud services. For more details, see Integrate Adobe Sign with AEM Forms .
- (If upgrading from AEM 6.2 Forms or previous versions only) Reconfigure analytics and reportsIn AEM 6.4 Forms, traffic variable for source and success event for impression are not available. So, when you upgrade from AEM 6.2 Forms or previous versions, AEM Forms stops sending data to Adobe Analytics server and analytics reports for adaptive forms are not available. Moreover, AEM 6.4 Forms introduces traffic variable for the version of form analytics and success event for the amount of time spent on a field. So, reconfigure analytics and reports for your AEM Forms environment. For detailed steps, see Configuring analytics and reports .
- Verify that the server is upgraded successfully, all the data is also migrated successfully, and it can operate normally.
In AEM 6.4 Forms, the structure of crx-repository has changed. After you upgrade to AEM 6.4 forms, use the changed paths for customization that you create afresh. For the complete list of changed paths, see Forms Repository Restructuring in AEM 6.4 .
- Verify the status of the bundles: Ensure that all the bundles are in active state.
- Verify replication and reverse replication: Publish, fill, and submit a few migrated forms. Verify the submitted data also.
- Verify access to admin and developer user interfaces: Log in to AEM instance from an admin account and verify that you have access to the following URLs: