Displaying information in the Task Summary pane
When you open a task in AEM Forms workspace, a Task Summary pane can display a summary of the task. This additional and relevant information for a task adds more value for the end-user of AEM Forms workspace.
AEM Forms workspace allows you to display a web page of your choice in the Task Summary pane. A process can be created to display a Task Summary pane using Workbench.
- Create an Assign Task process in Workbench. For more details about Assign Task operation, see Service Reference topic in Workbench Help .If a TaskSummary URL exists, the Task Summary view opens by default instead of the Form view. In this case, even when a user enables ‘Open the form in maximized mode' option in Assign Task, the form does not open in maximized mode.
- Configure the Task Summary URL field. You can specify a literal value, a template, a variable, or an XPath expression.
- An example of displaying the information on Task Summary page is below.
- Log in to CRXDE Lite environment at https://[server]:[port]/lc/crx/de .
- Create a node SampleSummary under /content with type nt:unstructured . In the properties of this node, add sling:resourceType of type String and value SampleSummary . In the Access Control List of this node, add an entry for PERM_WORKSPACE_USER allowing jcr:read privileges.
- Create a folder SampleSummary under /apps . In the Access Control List of /apps/SampleSummary , add an entry for PERM_WORKSPACE_USER allowing jcr:readprivileges .
- Create a file html.esp at /apps/SampleSummary . For example, add the following lines in html.esp .
<html> <body> <h1>Sample Summary</h1> <br/> <p>Hello Sir! <br/> This is sample summary page for this task. </p> </body> </html>
- Set the value of task summary url as /lc/content/SampleSummary.html in Assign Task step.
- When the task associated with this Assign Task step is opened in AEM Forms workspace, the html.esp at /apps/SampleSummary is rendered in task summary pane.