Initiating a new process with existing process data in AEM Forms workspace
You can initiate a new process using the data of an existing process data. The need to initiate a new process from existing process data arises when we have to use the same form frequently with few changes in content like that of paid-time-off forms. This feature saves time and effort of users especially when the process has long form to fill.
Following are the steps to initiate a new process from existing process data:-
- Do one of the following actions:
- In Tracking, click the process instance whose data you want to use. From the Process History view in the right pane, click the task row that corresponds to the start point.
- In Tracking, select a search template to display a list of process instances. Select the instance whose data you want to use.
- In the To-Do tab, select the task. Click the History tab, and select the task that initiated the process instance.
- In the Task action toolbar, click Start . An Adaptive Form for the new process instance is displayed with prefilled data.
- Update the data as necessary, and click either Complete or an appropriate button on the form.